Subject: [Fecframe] Request for Pub: draft-ietf-fecframe-sdp-elememts-06

From: Greg Shepherd <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 11:17:28 -0700

*,

The document draft-ietf-fecframe-sdp-elememts-06 is now ready for
publication. Please see the Document Shepherd Write-up below.

Thanks,
Greg

---

Document Shepherd Write-up for draft-ietf-fecframe-sdp-elements-06

1.a) The Document Shepherd is Greg Shepherd

1.b) The document has had adequate review both from within and from
outside the FECFrame working group.

1.c) There are no concerns regarding the need for additional expanded review.

1.d) There are no specific concerns with this document.

1.e) There is solid WG consensus for this document.

1.f) There is no discontent.

1.g) The only issues with idnits are below. The first to be correct by
the RFC Editor upon publication. The later needs to be updated in the
document.

  == Missing Reference: 'RFCXXXX' is mentioned on line 773, but not defined

  == Outdated reference: A later version (-09) exists of
     draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4756bis-07

1.h) References are split between normative and informative. There is
one normative reference to a draft from the the FECFrame WG that is
also in the process of progressing to last-call:
draft-ietf-fecframe-framework-07
There are two other normative references to drafts in the MMUSIC WG
that are also in the process of progression to last-call:
draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc3388bis-04
draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4756bis-07

1.i) Section 7.2 provides a list of attribute names which will need to
be registered with IANA as per RFC4566.

1.j) The xml code validates correctly

1.k)

Technical Summary
	The document specifies the use of Session Description Protocol (SDP)
to describe the parameters required to signal the Forward Error
Correction (FEC) Framework Configuration Information between the
sender(s) and receiver(s). The document also provides examples that
show the semantics for grouping multiple source and repair flows
together for the applications that simultaneously use multiple
instances of the FEC Framework.

Working Group Summary
	There were no seriously contentious issues during the WG process.

Document Quality
	The Working Group feedback covered both the quality of the document
itself as well as the technical issues with the content of the
document.

Personal
	Document Shepherd - Greg Shepherd
	Responsible Area Director - David Harrington ([email-masked])