Subject: [Fecframe] Protocol Action: 'Session Description Protocol Elements for FEC Framework' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 06:51:48 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Session Description Protocol Elements for FEC Framework '
   <draft-ietf-fecframe-sdp-elements-11.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the FEC Framework Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are David Harrington and Lars Eggert.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fecframe-sdp-elements-11.txt

Technical Summary

The document specifies the use of Session Description Protocol (SDP)
to describe the parameters required to signal the Forward Error
Correction (FEC) Framework Configuration Information between the
sender(s) and receiver(s). The document also provides examples that
show the semantics for grouping multiple source and repair flows
together for the applications that simultaneously use multiple
instances of the FEC Framework.

Working Group Summary

There were no seriously contentious issues during the WG process.

Document Quality

The Working Group feedback covered both the quality of the document
itself as well as the technical issues with the content of the
document.

Personnel

Document Shepherd - Greg Shepherd
Responsible Area Director - David Harrington ([email-masked]) 
'The IANA Expert for the registries in this document is Ali Begen
mailto:[email-masked] '