Subject: [Fecframe] MPEG liaison statements received

From: Stephan Wenger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 09:57:34 -0700

Hi all,

The IETF has received from MPEG two liaison statements for our information.
No actions from the IETF side are requested or required.  Both statements
will appear shortly on the IETF's liaison website
https://datatracker.ietf.org/liaison/

n11632 informs us that their http streaming project has reached the
Committee Draft" (CD) approval level.

n11633 informs us that the joint IPTV project with the ITU Q13/16 has also
reached CD level.  Some of you may remember those assorted IPTV workshops of
the ITU and MPEG in 2008 and 2009; this is the outcome of the project
started back then.  In contrast to n11632, n11633 contains the CD text of
four future standards in winword format.

For those unaware of ISO's approval process, a CD is the first step in a
five (?) step approval process that ultimately ends in an International
Standard (IS).  At CD level, the key architectural design decisions are
frozen, but other technical input is still possible.  In IETF terms, it's
probably a maturity level that a WG I-D has after a couple of iterations.

Regards,
Stephan