Subject: [Fecframe] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-galanos-fecframe-rtp-reedsolomon-03

From: Vincent Roca <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 14:20:06 +0100

Hello everybody,

We have updated the RTP version of the Reed-Solomon
FEC Scheme. Even if the group decided to make it a WG Item
document, this version is still an individual I-D (because we've
missed the -00 version deadline).

There is still some work to do on this version. Our plan is
to improve it till Prague's meeting and to resubmit a
consolidated version at that time, when submission re-opens,
as an -00 I-D this time.

Several important changes have been done, in particular to
reflect the latest discussions on the Fecframe framework
I-D. I'll discuss them at Prague.

Cheers,

   Vincent

-------- Message original --------
Sujet: 	New Version Notification for 
draft-galanos-fecframe-rtp-reedsolomon-03
Date : 	Mon, 14 Mar 2011 15:52:55 -0700 (PDT)
De : 	IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Pour : 	[email-masked]
Copie à : 	[email-masked],[email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-galanos-fecframe-rtp-reedsolomon-03.txt has been successfully submitted by Vincent Roca and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-galanos-fecframe-rtp-reedsolomon
Revision:	 03
Title:		 RTP Payload Format for Reed Solomon FEC
Creation_date:	 2011-03-14
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 27

Abstract:
This document defines an RTP payload format for the Reed-Solomon
Forward Error Correction (FEC) codes for the erasure channel.  The
format defined by this document enables the protection of source
media encapsulated in RTP with one or more repair flows and is based
on the FEC framework and the SDP Elements for FEC Framework.  The
Reed-Solomon codes used in this document belong to the class of
Maximum Distance Separable (MDS) codes which means they offer optimal
protection, and they are effective in front of random or bursty
packet losses.

The IETF Secretariat.