Subject: [Fecframe] Protocol Action: 'Forward Error Correction (FEC) Framework' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-fecframe-framework-15.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 09:52:32 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Forward Error Correction (FEC) Framework'
  (draft-ietf-fecframe-framework-15.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the FEC Framework Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are David Harrington and Wesley Eddy.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-fecframe-framework/

Technical Summary

 This document describes a framework for using forward error
 correction (FEC codes with applications in public and private IP
 networks to provide protection against packet loss. The framework
 supports applying Forward Error Correction to arbitrary packet flows
 over unreliable transport and is primarily intended for real-time, or
 streaming, media.

Working Group Summary

There were no seriously contentious issues during the WG process.

Document Quality

The Working Group feedback covered both the quality of the document
itself as well as the technical issues with the content of the
document.

Personnel

Document Shepherd: Greg Shepherd
Responsible Area Director: David Harrington
'The IANA Expert for the registries in this document is Ali C. Begen [[email-masked]]