Subject: [Fecframe] RFC 6363 on Forward Error Correction (FEC) Framework

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 18:37:51 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6363

        Title:      Forward Error Correction (FEC) Framework 
        Author:     M. Watson, A. Begen,
                    V. Roca
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      42
        Characters: 98725
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-fecframe-framework-15.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6363.txt

This document describes a framework for using Forward Error
Correction (FEC) codes with applications in public and private IP
networks to provide protection against packet loss.  The framework
supports applying FEC to arbitrary packet flows over unreliable
transport and is primarily intended for real-time, or streaming,
media.  This framework can be used to define Content Delivery
Protocols that provide FEC for streaming media delivery or other
packet flows.  Content Delivery Protocols defined using this
framework can support any FEC scheme (and associated FEC codes) that
is compliant with various requirements defined in this document.
Thus, Content Delivery Protocols can be defined that are not specific
to a particular FEC scheme, and FEC schemes can be defined that are
not specific to a particular Content Delivery Protocol.  
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the FEC Framework Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC