Subject: [Fecframe] RFC 6364 on Session Description Protocol Elements for the Forward Error Correction (FEC) Framework

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 18:38:05 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6364

        Title:      Session Description Protocol Elements for 
                    the Forward Error Correction (FEC) Framework 
        Author:     A. Begen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 36160
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-fecframe-sdp-elements-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6364.txt

This document specifies the use of the Session Description Protocol
(SDP) to describe the parameters required to signal the Forward Error
Correction (FEC) Framework Configuration Information between the
sender(s) and receiver(s).  This document also provides examples that
show the semantics for grouping multiple source and repair flows
together for the applications that simultaneously use multiple
instances of the FEC Framework.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the FEC Framework Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC