Subject: [Fecframe] I-D Action: draft-ietf-fecframe-raptor-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 07:29:47 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the FEC Framework Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Raptor FEC Schemes for FECFRAME
	Author(s)       : Mark Watson
                          Thomas Stockhammer
                          Michael Luby
	Filename        : draft-ietf-fecframe-raptor-07.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2011-11-24

   This document describes Fully-Specified Forward Error Correction
   (FEC) Schemes for the Raptor and RaptorQ codes and their application
   to reliable delivery of media streams in the context of FEC
   Framework.  The Raptor and RaptorQ codes are systematic codes, where
   a number of repair symbols are generated from a set of source symbols
   and sent in one or more repair flows in addition to the source
   symbols that are sent to the receiver(s) within a source flow.  The
   Raptor and RaptorQ codes offer close to optimal protection against
   arbitrary packet losses at a low computational complexity.  Six FEC
   Schemes are defined, two for protection of arbitrary packet flows,
   two that are optimised for small source blocks and another two for
   protection of a single flow that already contains a sequence number.
   Repair data may be sent over arbitrary datagram transport (e.g.  UDP)
   or using RTP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fecframe-raptor-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fecframe-raptor-07.txt

---

From: Thomas Stockhammer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 16:30:59 +0100

All,

another small update to address the comment from Vincent providing a pointer to the framework on the matter of non-consecutive sequence numbers.

Thomas

Begin forwarded message:

> From: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Fecframe] I-D Action: draft-ietf-fecframe-raptor-07.txt
> Date: November 24, 2011 4:29:47 PM GMT+01:00
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Fecframe mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/fecframe

---
Dr. Thomas Stockhammer (CEO) || [email-masked] || phone +49 89 978980 02 || cell +491725702667 || http://www.nomor-research.com
Nomor Research GmbH  -  Sitz der Gesellschaft: München - Registergericht: München, HRB 165856 – Umsatzsteuer-ID: DE238047637 - Geschäftsführer: Dr. Thomas Stockhammer, Dr. Ingo Viering.