Subject: [Fecframe] I-D Action: draft-ietf-fecframe-simple-rs-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 06:56:34 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the FEC Framework Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Simple Reed-Solomon Forward Error Correction (FEC) Scheme for FECFRAME
	Author(s)       : Vincent Roca
                          Mathieu Cunche
                          Jerome Lacan
                          Amine Bouabdallah
                          Kazuhisa Matsuzono
	Filename        : draft-ietf-fecframe-simple-rs-06.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2013-01-08

Abstract:
   This document describes a fully-specified simple FEC scheme for Reed-
   Solomon codes over GF(2^^m), with 2 <= m <= 16, that can be used to
   protect arbitrary media streams along the lines defined by the
   FECFRAME framework.  The Reed-Solomon codes considered have
   attractive properties, since they offer optimal protection against
   packet erasures and the source symbols are part of the encoding
   symbols which can greatly simplify decoding.  However, the price to
   pay is a limit on the maximum source block size, on the maximum
   number of encoding symbols, and a computational complexity higher
   than that of LDPC codes for instance.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-fecframe-simple-rs

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-fecframe-simple-rs-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-fecframe-simple-rs-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/