Subject: RE: [Forces-protocol] Issue 2: Multiple channels/connections

From: "Khosravi, Hormuzd M" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 20:44:21 -0800

Weiming,

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]

Hormuzd,

I have to say your reply is really out of my estimation. I thought you
might 
have arguement on #2 and an agreement on #3 could be quickly reached
after some comments and modification. Because you have not presented in
your reply, I actually don't know what is it that makes you strongly
disagree.

[HK] I apologize for not having replied in detail. It was late at night,
I read your mail real fast and felt like you were repeating the same
arguments. However, I reread your email again right now and agree with
most of it. I still disagree with parts of #3 but not everything.

To be hornest, I have got a feeling that you might have thought we are
"keeping pushing on something" just to oppose FACT. That's really a big
misunderstanding between us. From my past posts and also from the direct
talk between us, I have for several times mentioned that I think FACT
has already contributed to DoS protection by proposing the idea to
separately process the C and D. What we are doing is to perfect the idea
and to discuss how it can be better performed. We(GRMP team) respect
this idea. We are not specifically pushing something against this idea.

[HK] I understand this, I don't think there is any misunderstanding. I
am glad that we agree on the basics and are just arguing on the details.
Sorry if I came out too harsh on my previous email, that was not my
intent.

Although it is our desire to participate in IETF work and we sincerely
hope the merge could be successful, as a scientist, I have to say we
will more desire to obey the truth we believe, we just can not give it
up to achieve others even though the others are very attractive. 

[HK] I understand and can relate to that sentiment.

_______________________________________________
Forces-protocol mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/forces-protocol

---

From: "Wang,Weiming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 19:31:29 +0800

Hormuzd,

That's ok. Let's hurry up to move on.

Weiming
----- Original Message -----
From: "Khosravi, Hormuzd M" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, March 13, 2004 12:44 PM
Subject: RE: [Forces-protocol] Issue 2: Multiple channels/connections

Weiming,

-----Original Message-----

Hormuzd,