Subject: RE: peering model WAS(Re: [Forces-protocol] topic 4c: Common Header

From: "Khosravi, Hormuzd M" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 19:54:43 -0700

Avri,

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]

> [HK] Avri, are you talking about Distributed routing or distributed
> control plane in terms offloading some of the routing protocol
> functionality such as neighbor discovery (e.g. OSPF Hello offload)
onto
> FEs ? If so, I agree with your view and believe we had covered this in
> the Requirements for the FE Model (Protocol Offload functions
support).

[ad] yes, that is essentially it.  In this case the FE will be 
informing the CE of results that, while not a command, is essentially a 
peering type of activity in the split of operations between the CE and 
FE.

[hk] Sure I agree. I think we can deal with this and other such
situations using Event msgs from the FE and defining special Event Types
which will cover this case (actually in this case, it might just be an
event from OSPF Hello offload LFB on the FE). Also, we can similarly
cover the case when the FE is configured by an external Mgmt entity
which is not the CE. Do you agree ?

Thanks for bringing this up,
Hormuzd

_______________________________________________
Forces-protocol mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/forces-protocol