Subject: RE: peering model WAS(Re: [Forces-protocol] topic 4c: Common Header

From: "Khosravi, Hormuzd M" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 19:34:39 -0700

Avri,

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jamal Hadi Salim

> And while this is not currently an item 
> for discussion, I can see the FE as being instrumental in the neighbor

> discovery process (I tend to divide routing into 3 not 2
sub-processes)

Can you explain a little more on this?

[HK] Avri, are you talking about Distributed routing or distributed
control plane in terms offloading some of the routing protocol
functionality such as neighbor discovery (e.g. OSPF Hello offload) onto
FEs ? If so, I agree with your view and believe we had covered this in
the Requirements for the FE Model (Protocol Offload functions support).

Thanks
Hormuzd

_______________________________________________
Forces-protocol mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/forces-protocol

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 15:34:48 +0200

> the Requirements for the FE Model (Protocol Offload functions support).

[ad] yes, that is essentially it.  In this case the FE will be 
informing the CE of results that, while not a command, is essentially a 
peering type of activity in the split of operations between the CE and 
FE.

a.