Subject: [Forces-protocol] RE: Meaning of PACKET *SUBSCRIBE operation type unclear

From: "Khosravi, Hormuzd M" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:17:58 -0700

Robert,

I am not so sure about this, what kind of attributes would the LFB have
to expose for this ?
What do others think about this ? Jamal, you had a similar
question...let us know what your experience has been in this regard.

In our experience, we had such messages which would specify filters,
e.g. Packet Subscribe for filters A, B, C, etc. But I am fine with doing
this a different way as well...what is important is that this
functionality needs to be supported by the protocol.

Thanks
Hormuzd 

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Haas [mailto:[email-masked]] 

My current thinking is that any LFB that generates PKT_REDIR messages 
will provide attributes that can be configured to decide which packets 
must be redirected or mirrored. A CONFIG msg to the appropriate 
attribute(s) should suffice, no ?

Regards,
-Robert

_______________________________________________
Forces-protocol mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/forces-protocol

---

From: Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Oct 2004 21:17:40 -0400

Seems to me this would probably be difficult to do per LFB.
Yes, the LFB will request for certain packets to be sent to it.
However _who_ does it send this request to is the question.
Lets put it on the agenda for wednesday meeting (Which i plan to attend)

cheers,
jamal