Subject: [Forces-protocol] GET/SET in one msg ?

From: "Khosravi, Hormuzd M" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 14:03:32 -0700

Hi Folks,

We (protocol team) are finalizing some of the msgs and one of the issues
which is being discussed is whether GET/SET operation need to be
combined in a single msg...(currently we have them as separate msgs). I
have never seen this being done in practice i.e. command bundling of
GET/SET, but if you guys have some experience/opinions on this, pls do
let us know.

Thanks a lot,
Hormuzd

_______________________________________________
Forces-protocol mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/forces-protocol

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 17:11:20 -0400

I have two reactions:
1) Actually combining the two in the same request introduces all sorts of 
messy questions.
2) Most of the protocol design ought to be agnostic as to whether this is 
permitted or not.

I would probably tend to structure a protocol mechanism so that it was 
possible to do such a thing, and then add a behavior description that says 
that the results of such an operation are unpredictable.

Yours,
Joel