Subject: RE: [Forces-protocol] Header Section

From: "Khosravi, Hormuzd M" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 16:11:27 -0700

Jamal,

Pls take care of the Header section, no one seems to be looking at it.

Thanks
Hormuzd 

-----Original Message-----
From: Jamal Hadi Salim [mailto:[email-masked]] 

Robert,Weiming, Ligang: Are you taking care of the common header section
or should i jump into that next? Not that i think there are any useful
changes tomake for this version of draft.

_______________________________________________
Forces-protocol mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/forces-protocol

---

From: Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 Oct 2004 22:58:19 -0400

> Pls take care of the Header section, no one seems to be looking at it.

Hormuzd,
Main comment on header was todo with version to remove the major minor
and just have one flat space. The other thing i dont remember is whether
we should get rid of the resvd field or not.
Some of the falgs need revisiting; however i think the revisit will make
more sense once the operations and data-path dust settles.

So my suggestion is lets have Avri make the changes to the major:minor
and probably get rid of the resvd field and leave the rest for the next
round.

Thoughts?

cheers,
jamal

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 00:16:31 -0400

> So my suggestion is lets have Avri make the changes to the major:minor

done

> and probably get rid of the resvd field

what should i do with it.  make a 8 bit version number?  i would just 
ass soon leave it reserved for now.

> and leave the rest for the next
> round.

agree.

---

From: Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 Oct 2004 15:15:42 -0400

Looks good as you have it now Avri.

cheers,
jamal