Subject: RE: [Forces-protocol] effect of new BNF, changes etc etc on protocol

From: "Khosravi, Hormuzd M" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 07:15:39 -0700

Good point Robert. I was planning to incorporate Furquan's comments on
HA to that section and then send it out to the team for review. In
general the idea is that each of the previous section owners go through
all the comments they have received on the list and propose appropriate
changes/text. We can then discuss them and ask our co-editor to
incorporate the changes in the draft. I had mentioned this in my
previous email to the list last week, not sure if you read it?

regards
Hormuzd

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Robert Haas
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 2:25 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Forces-protocol] effect of new BNF, changes etc etc on
protocol

To add to Jamal's list of open issues, I wanted to remind my co-authors 
of the following:

Some time back, there has been a long thread initiated by comments from 
Furquan (heartbeats, channels, TMLs vs PL responsibilities, missing FSMs

to describe CE and FE behavior in cases such as failover), and a very 
short thread with valuable comments from Zsolt (TML layering, FE ID 
allocation by CE, query-response correlation and use of sequence
numbers).

Did we capture the issues raised in those threads into an open-issue 
list ? I think we did not agree yet how to answer all of their comments,

yet they are essential for a sound base of the ForCES protocol, I think.

So I will focus now on some of the issues related to heartbeat, 
addressing and layering, and bring up proposals to our list so we are 
all aware and can agree on them. I encourage my co-authors to do the 
same and revisit those threads if necessary. Incorporating those 
proposals into the relevant sections of the draft could be the editor's 
task. Or do we want to proceed differently ?

Regards,
-Robert

_______________________________________________
Forces-protocol mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/forces-protocol

---

From: Robert Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 21:24:47 +0200

Khosravi, Hormuzd M wrote:

>HA to that section and then send it out to the team for review. 
>
Good.

>In
>changes/text. 
Did someone maintain an open issues list ? That could be helpful now.

>We can then discuss them and ask our co-editor to
>incorporate the changes in the draft.
>
I hadn't seen this co-editor word until now. I thought Avri was the 
editor and we are supposed to be the co-authors. Anyway, I assume you 
meant Avri.

> I had mentioned this in my
Yes, I just wanted to make sure that whatever change we make in the 
draft is coordinated over the protocol list.

Regards,
-Robert

-- 
Robert Haas
IBM Zurich Research Laboratory
Säumerstrasse 4
CH-8803 Rüschlikon/Switzerland
phone +41-1-724-8698  fax +41-1-724-8578  http://www.zurich.ibm.com/~rha