Subject: RE: [Forces-protocol] RE: draft-ietf-forces-protocol-01-0.txt

From: "Khosravi, Hormuzd M" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 16:10:10 -0700

Avri,

All of us are not very familiar with XML, so you will have to bare with
the text for sometime...I could easily maintain this entire draft in
Word but most folks wont like that.

Is it possible for you to convert Weiming's section (that he sent today
morning) to text and send them to me? (even if you don't add it to the
draft right now) I requested you in the morning, but seems like you
missed that part...?

Thanks
Hormuzd 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2004 12:21 PM
To: Wang,Weiming
Cc: Ligang Dong; [email-masked]; Robert Haas;
[email-masked]; Khosravi, Hormuzd M; Jamal Hadi Salim
Subject: Re: [Forces-protocol] RE: draft-ietf-forces-protocol-01-0.txt

XML is easier then text.
and text diffs are easier then complete text.
i can always massage the xml it to make it compile.

i am not sure what you mean, though, as the syntax i sent certainly 
works with xml2rfc.  or is it your oxygen xml editor that is having the 
problem.  i use emacs, in sgml mode, to edit the xml files so have few 
restrictions.

but now i am waiting for you to bless Robert's edits before i include 
it.

a.

On 22 okt 2004, at 11.19, Wang,Weiming wrote:

> Hi Avri,
>
> I'v updated the RedirectMsg, QueryMsg, and EventMsg as XML file in the
> attachments. It's a pity that I just find I can not pass to parse the 
> file by
> xml2rfc because it included some of the format defined by you, 
> therefore it
> seems I can not verify the correctness of the  file for the xml 
> format. I really
> want to save some of your work but it seems I'm not able to. If you 
> like, next
> time I would just use txt like Hormuzd did.

_______________________________________________
Forces-protocol mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/forces-protocol

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 21:12:30 -0400

> Word but most folks wont like that.

fine.  as i said dealing with text is ok, though text diff is easier.

> draft right now) I requested you in the morning, but seems like you

i did not miss it, i was waiting for Weiming's response to Robert's 
changes.  but i will fold it in this evening in any case.  I was 
assuming i would do one version a day.  yesterday i did two since i had 
missed your HA material.

the material is coming in a sort of a chaotic manner  and while my 
preference would be to let things settle down before cutting in the 
text, i realize that because we waited until the last minute to do 
updates (in true ietf style, i might add) we don't have that luxury.

a.