Subject: [Forces-protocol] Meeting Notes for today

From: "Khosravi, Hormuzd M" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 14:41:39 -0700

Here are today's meeting minutes that I took....

Meeting Notes

1. PATH - Weiming wants to split path in 2 pieces, path/attribute id and
data (one is static, other depends on the data) Attribute ID may be
Table ID.
Weiming to post email with text describing the two schemes - include
Model team in email
(Advantages, disadvantages)

2. MultiLFB Addressing - 3 schemes, Robert to present at the IETF
(TLV of multiple LFB instances, MIID, changing LFB class/instance TLV
again)
Jamal - tradeoff between compute and bandwidth

3. Packet Subscribe - 2 schemes - configure attribute of sink/source
LFBs using Config,
or special operation Packet Subscribe
Resolution - use a Config msg to configure the attribute of some LFBS
(Source/Sink like LFBs)
Do we need to define the Source/Sink LFBs - we need to define the
functionality, these LFBs would probably be defined by the model team
Do we need anything special for the packet mirroring - this is part of
the LFB attributes

4. Jamal/Robert/Hormuzd had more discussion later on about Jamal's
comments on 6.1, 6.2. One resolution was to change the name of operation
"SHOW" to "ADVERTISE". Jamal will send out an email to summarize the
other topic regarding Events being addressed to LFBs rather than CE,
FEs.

Let me know if there are any comments,

Thanks all for attending,
Hormuzd

_______________________________________________
Forces-protocol mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/forces-protocol