Subject: [Forces-protocol] RE: 01-7- Quick Updates to draft!

From: "Khosravi, Hormuzd M" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 22:33:35 -0700

Avri,

I am back and here is a list of quick changes...

Acknowledgments - pls move this to the end of the draft as Jamal
suggested, doesn't seem fair to the authors I think.

Author Addresses - pls add all our names and address along with yours
and Remove Appendix A. You can get most of it from the Requirements RFC
(I am surprised no one noticed this before, including myself:))

Section 7.1 -> Replace State maintenance msg in the text With Config msg
Replace
                  |    S.M. Activate FE   |
                  |<----------------------|
With
                  |  Config-Activate FE   |
                  |<----------------------|
          
Section 7.2 ->
Replace
                    |   S.M. FE Deactivate  |
                    |<----------------------|
With
                    |  Config-FE Deactivate |
                    |<----------------------|

The author addresses moving around is important and fair to all of us
who have contributed a lot to this protocol.

Regards
Hormuzd

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Sunday, October 24, 2004 10:17 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Jamal Hadi Salim; [email-masked]; Ligang Dong; Khosravi,
Hormuzd M; Robert Haas; Weiming Wang
Subject: 01-7

http://psg.com/~avri/forces/draft/draft-ietf-forces-protocol-01-7.txt

Changes to 01-7

- removed ETRI from front header - seemed unfair to list one company.
- changed format listing all authors to be a paragraph instead of list 
for aesthetic reason;  it broke across a page break and looked silly.
- added changes section - though it is not complete yet.
- re-inserted note on path vs. 'attribute id' discussion
- some language editing.  a bunch more needs to be done.  i will 
probably work for another hour or so tonight, but this is essentially 
what i plant to submit before the deadline.  if i work to much longer 
tonight i will submit it before going to sleeep so that i don't miss 
the morning deadline.

a.

_______________________________________________
Forces-protocol mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/forces-protocol

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 01:41:54 -0400

> I am back and here is a list of quick changes...

you definitely waited for the last minute.  thanks.

> suggested, doesn't seem fair to the authors I think.

if you insist.

> (I am surprised no one noticed this before, including myself:))

if you insist.
and if we are rejected because of the 5 names rule, so be it.

i will probably not spend a lot of time on addresses at this point.  it 
takes a while to get that stuff right.

> Section 7.1 -> Replace State maintenance msg in the text With Config 

ok.

> who have contributed a lot to this protocol.

whatever.

i assume i don't need to wait for everyone to second your demands.

a.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 02:10:27 -0400

http://psg.com/~avri/forces/draft/draft-ietf-forces-protocol-01-8.txt

> suggested, doesn't seem fair to the authors I think.

done.
don't see the fairness issue, but i have moved as per your instructions.

> (I am surprised no one noticed this before, including myself:))

can't add the addresses without the header as far as i know - certainly 
can't in xml. the only addresses that belong in the address section in 
the end are the ones in the header and are the ones that need to be 
contacted during 48 hours.

i have added all the names to the header as per your instructions.

> Section 7.1 -> Replace State maintenance msg in the text With Config 

done

> who have contributed a lot to this protocol.

is this a different instruction the the one you gave me in the 
beginning of this note?

a.