Subject: [Forces-protocol] RE: 01-8

From: "Khosravi, Hormuzd M" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 23:23:33 -0700

Avri,

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
>
> Author Addresses - pls add all our names and address along with yours
> and Remove Appendix A. You can get most of it from the Requirements
RFC
> (I am surprised no one noticed this before, including myself:))

can't add the addresses without the header as far as i know - certainly 
can't in xml. the only addresses that belong in the address section in 
the end are the ones in the header and are the ones that need to be 
contacted during 48 hours.

[HK] For the Requirements RFC, we listed all the authors addresses at
the end and only the Editors names in the front (header). We actually
listed the Editors addresses separately at the end, you can do the same
here...no problem with that. Have the rules changed again, in this
regard ? Pls correct me if I am wrong...

Thanks 
Hormuzd

_______________________________________________
Forces-protocol mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/forces-protocol

---

From: "Wang,Weiming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:29:44 +0800

Hi Hormuzd, Avri as well.

I think it's not bad to keep a 'Author' section at the first pages, while at the
draft end, followed by a 'Author Address' section. I don't think it's necessary
to remove the first 'Author' section if it is allowed to be there. What you mean
may ask Avri to change the 'Author Address' section to be normal rather than a
table of email list, right?

Weiming
----- Original Message -----
From: "Khosravi, Hormuzd M" <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: 01-8

Avri,

-----Original Message-----
RFC

Thanks
Hormuzd

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 02:40:06 -0400

> regard ? Pls correct me if I am wrong...

i am totally at a loss to know how to satisfy you all on this address 
thing.

xml certainly does not support listing as authors in the back and not 
in the front.  i am sure there is someway around it, but the point is 
the authors addresses in the back are supposed to correspond to the 
addresses in the header.  i expect you did not use xml in the 
requirements.

i can't believe you started this all at the last minute.  it is now 
2:30 in the morning and instead of doing a read through i am ditzing 
around with addresses.

i expect i will try to submit with the entire list. see what happens.  
it will probably get through the id editor - just won't get through rfc 
editor without special petitions and good reasons.

a.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 02:47:24 -0400

http://psg.com/~avri/forces/draft/draft-ietf-forces-protocol-01-9.txt

---

From: "Wang,Weiming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:44:36 +0800

Hi Avri,

I know xml2rfc does not support direct author address listing. I suggest you may
just use a normal section to currently add it. Later when you have much time,
you can add the xml2rfc style address listing. does it help?

weiming
----- Original Message -----
From: <[email-masked]>
To: "Khosravi, Hormuzd M" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>; "Jamal Hadi Salim" <[email-masked]>; "Ligang
Dong" <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; "Robert Haas"
<[email-masked]>; "Weiming Wang" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 2:40 PM
Subject: Re: [Forces-protocol] RE: 01-8

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 02:55:27 -0400

> you can add the xml2rfc style address listing. does it help?

it would still be a separate section, e.g. an appendix.  i cannot 
figure out a way to put the names in the normal author's section 
without also putting them in the header.

as i said, i figure the id editor will let it pass, so we can have the 
header fight some other time.

it is still my hope that the WG chairs will pick editors and put an put 
an end to the question.