Subject: (FRNETMIB) RMON Interface proposal

From: "Robert A. Steinberger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 17:17:11 -0500

All,

We were requested to submit a draft that allows DLCIs to be treated as
interfaces.  This will allow frame relay interworking with RMON at the
circuit level.

The draft will do the following:

  1. Show the mapping of the DLCI ifIndex to the OID of the DLCI from
     either the endpoint or circuit tables of  the Service or DTE MIB.
  2. Show the mapping of the DLCI from either the endpoint or circuit
     tables to the DLCI ifIndex (inverse mapping).
  3. Allow users to select with DLCIs will have ifIndices generated for
     them such that we only have ifIndices for the RMON monitored DLCIs.
  4. Explain how the objects in the interface table work for a DLCI.
  5. Explain how the stack table works for the new ifIndex.

I will submit a draft shortly.

Are there any objections or additions to this work?

Rob Steinberger
Paradyne Networks

X-Info: To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
X-Info: 'unsubscribe frnetmib' in the body of the message.