Subject: RE: (FRNETMIB) queries rfc1604

From: "Rehbehn, Kenneth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 13:21:07 -0500

>   I want to know about following variables from RFC1604 what 
> it means and
> what are the possible values
> - In frLportTable what is the value used for frLportVCSigPointer

This object has been marked "Obsolete" in
draft-ieft-frnetmib-frs-mib-10.txt.  My belief is that the RFC 1604
anticipated multiple types of PVC signaling schemes, each with a distinct
table of configuration parameters.  The reality has been that we have a
single table for signaling parameters.

Each vendor has their own interpetation of what OBJECT IDENTIFIER gets
plugged in as a value but I suspect that the OID for frMgtVCSigTable would
make the most sense.

>   - In frAccountPVCTable what does it mean by frAccountPVCSegmentSize
>   - In frAccountLportTable what does it mean by frAccountLportSegmentSize

Usage-based accounting techniques for packet networks frequently report
"segment" counts, where a segment represents 1 to N octets of payload.  If N
is 5000 and the connection flows 15500 octets then the segment count I get
billed for is 3 (depending on the tariff rules - I could get billed for 4 if
the tariff says round-up).  The segment size establishes the value N.
X-Info: To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
X-Info: 'unsubscribe frnetmib' in the body of the message.

---

From: "Taher Shaikh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 10:45:21 -0800

Hi
Thanks for the reply
Please let me know what the following means
frMgtVCSigProced
Thanks
Taher

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Rehbehn, Kenneth
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2000 10:21 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: (FRNETMIB) queries rfc1604