From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 13:07:23 -0700 (PDT)

Wed, 26 Apr 2000 11:59:56 -0700
X-Lotus-FromDomain: DLNOTES
From: "Santa Dasu" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 11:59:52 -0700
Subject: (FRNETMIB) feed back on fr-sla-mib
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Disposition: inline
Sender: [email-masked]
Precedence: bulk
X-Info: [Un]Subscribe to [email-masked]
X-Info: Submissions to [email-masked]
X-Info: Email archive at ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf-mail-archive/frnetmib/
Hi

I have seen the Frame Relay Service MIB recently.  Please see my comments
below.

thanks
santa

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following are some questions and suggestions on the standard frame
relay sla mib.

    Not having time stamp along with life time counters gives inaccuracies.
    If a certain counter is continuously updated by an agent. It is better
    to associate the
    counter with the time stamp of counter update. For example we want to
    calculate frames/sec
    using frame count, using the NMS timestamp gives arise to inaccuracies.
    Excluded outage time needs to be added.
    This mib does not seem to have excluded outages as mentioned in FRF.13
    It is sufficient to have start or end time for sample period. Having
    both seems not necessary
    Delay measurements as mentioned in FRF.13  refer to milliseconds where
    as the MIB seems to mention them as micro seconds
    Delivery Ratio and Delay measurements need not be done at the same
    frequency. Hence separate periods must be provided.
    why availability and ddr/delay history samples are separated into 2
    tables ?
    Some descriptions for sample statistics in MIB seem to be not easily
    comprehensible.
    For example
                     "The change in the value of frsldPvcDataFrOfferedC
                         during this sample interval. The value at the last
                         sample will be subtracted from the current value,
                         and the difference will be contained in this
                         object."
    seems to actually mean
    " Framed offered within CIR to the  network during the sample interval."

X-Info: To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
X-Info: 'unsubscribe frnetmib' in the body of the message.