Subject: Ftp-WG: New version of mlst draft (-10) submitted

From: Robert Elz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 00:35:06 -0500

I have just submitted rev -10 of the mlst draft - the one that
should be the last one, just has the few extra changes which
resulted from the WG Last Call (and which I should have had done
weeks ago - I just got distracted, sorry about that).

This draft is (in theory) ready for IETF last call, and to become
an RFC, so the "changes in this draft" paragraph from the boilerplate
has been removed (the paragraph which included the sentence
	This paragraph will be deleted from the final version of
	this document.

The actual changes are very minor - it has the extra couple of sentences
that Alun Jones sent wrt client interpretation of 550 to a SIZE command.
It has (in two places) clarification that when two (or more) entries for
the same file are returned (to indicate multiple types) the pathname must
be the same.  It has an extra half sentence to make it clearer that the
purpose of the SIZE command is to be used in conjunction with a REST/STOR
combination.   It has "file name" in one place changed to "pathname"
(because it was referring to the element in the fact line, which is
identified that way elsewhere).   And it has ...

    The "unique" fact (if supported) can be used to ...

changed to

    The "unique" fact (if supported and supplied) can be used to ...

just to make it obvious that just supporting the unique fact isn't
enough for it to be useful, it has to actually be included in the
facts returned...   (I know...)

That's it (aside from boilerplate noise, like the id number, dates, etc).

The pagination on this isn't all that crash hot (page breaks at rather
unfortunate times) - that I'll fix before RFC publication (the RFC boilerplate
etc is all totally different, so worrying about that noise now doesn't
seem productive).

Mr WG Chair - I think that once this is announced, a request to the ADs
for an IETF last call is in order.

kre