Subject: Ftp-WG: clients and servers that implement stream RESTART, SI

From: Dave Cridland <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 12:16:20 -0500

To clarify the reasons behind Alun's remark, both REST in STREAM mode and
the SIZE command, as well as the MDTM command you didn't mention, have all
been implemented for some time, and are, in effect, a de facto standard.

This working group simply documented them, rather than designed anything new
for clients and servers to implement.

Some clients and servers may not conform to the document's interpretation of
what the commands mean, and how to use them, but in general those
implementations of FTP which use these commands will be conformant.

The exception is that this is now an Option, and, as such, should be
reported by FEAT and suchlike, which these existing implementations probably
haven't implemented, simply because this is new.

-----Original Message-----
From: Janet Wolf [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2000 4:36 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Ftp-WG: clients and servers that implement stream RESTART, SIZE

Can you tell me any FTP servers and clients known to have implemented
REST command in stream mode, and the SIZE command?

Thanks!