Subject: Ftp-WG: minor example error in draft-ietf-ftpext-mlst-10 ?

From: Luke Mewburn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 01:26:05 -0500

Hi.

I noticed that draft-ietf-ftpext-mlst-10 states the following:

	7.9.1. OPTS MLST Response

	   The "response-message" from [6] to a successful OPTS MLST command has
	   the following syntax.

		mlst-opt-resp = "MLST OPTS" [ SP 1*( factname ";" ) ]

	   This defines the "response-message" as used in the "opts-good"
	   message in RFC2389 [6].

			...

	7.9.2. Examples

	 C> Feat
	 S> 211- Features supported
	 S>  MLST Type*;Size;Modify*;Perm;Unique;UNIX.mode;UNIX.chgd;X.hidden;
	 S> 211 End
	 C> OptS Mlst Type;UNIX.mode;Perm;
	 S> 201 MLST OPTS Type;Perm;UNIX.mode;

I've had a look at RFC2389, and in section 4. The OPTS Command, it
says:
	opts-good        = "200" SP response-message CRLF

Are the examples wrong in prefixing the response from OPTS with `201'
instead of `200'?

(Or is my copy of RFC2389 wrong? :-)

Luke.

---

From: Robert Elz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 11:17:53 -0500

Date:        Fri, 09 Jun 2000 16:22:08 +1000
    From:        Luke Mewburn <[email-masked]>
    Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>

  | I noticed that draft-ietf-ftpext-mlst-10 states the following:
[...]
  | Are the examples wrong in prefixing the response from OPTS with `201'
  | instead of `200'?

The examples were taken directly from some bozo's ftp server.  Clearly
that idiot didn't read the doc (even if it was the same idiot as the final
editor of the doc...)

That server has now been fixed, and the examples in the doc updated,
I will submit a -11 draft with those changes.

I'll also look at specifying the error codes from MLSx, it is hard to
believe that those got forgotten, but it seems like they did...

kre