Subject: [ftpext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ftpext2-hash-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 00:02:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the FTP Extensions, 2nd edition Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : File Transfer Protocol HASH Command for Cryptographic Hashes
	Author(s)       : Anthony Bryan
                          Tim Kosse
                          Daniel Stenberg
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ftpext2-hash-03.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2012-03-27

   The File Transfer Protocol does not offer any method to verify the
   integrity of a transferred file, nor can two files be compared
   against each other without actually transferring them first.
   Cryptographic hashes are a possible solution to this problem.  In the
   past, several attempts have been made to add commands to obtain
   checksums and hashes, however none have been formally specified,
   leading to non-interoperability and confusion.  To solve these
   issues, this document specifies a new FTP command to be used by
   clients to request cryptographic hashes of files.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ftpext2-hash-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ftpext2-hash-03.txt