Subject: [hackathon] Standalone WebRTC Data Channel Implementation

From: Lennart Grahl <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 23:53:42 +0000

Hello everyone,

I will be championing the "Portable C-based WebRTC Data Channel
Implementation" project. Now, that title is probably not really
expressive, so this is what I have in mind:

There have been some hints that SCTP-based data channels are hard to get
right and this is why I've prepared a standalone data channel library
(called RAWRTCDC) before IETF 101 you can integrate into your WebRTC or
ORTC stack. [1] The readme should cover the basics on how this can be
integrated into a WebRTC or ORTC stack of your choice. So, here are a
bunch of ideas we can do with this at the hackathon:

* Try to integrate it into a WebRTC/ORTC stack of your choice and I'll
be available for any questions, or
* Creating bindings to other languages, or
* Resolving open issues.

Beyond that library, we may also...

* Do interop testing with other data channel implementations, or
* Hunt and resolve bugs that are related to data channels
(implementation, spec-wise, usrsctp-specific, ...), or
* Ponder about how to get streams right for the W3C spec [3].

If you're interested or just want to chat with other data channel folks,
we can talk on-site or communicate via RAWRTC's Gitter channel [2].

Cheers
Lennart

[1] https://github.com/rawrtc/rawrtc-data-channel
[2] https://gitter.im/rawrtc/Lobby

---

From: Alexandre GOUAILLARD <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2018 06:55:57 +0000

Hey lennart,

With respect to Charles email about tables and space, why Son t you come and sit with the webrtc identity group. I might have some time to try to have your lib integrated in linwebrtx if we sit together. Sergio will be remote.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone

> On 16 Mar 2018, at 11:53 PM, Lennart Grahl <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hello everyone,
> 
> _______________________________________________
> hackathon mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hackathon