Subject: [hackathon] DTN - Bundle protocol agent

From: Boris Pilka <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2019 11:29:48 +0100

Hello all,

below is a brief summary of what we would like to do on the upcoming 
IETF 104 Hackathon. If you find the project interesting, please, join us!

Kind regards,

Boris
=================================

Enhancements of pyDTN

What is pyDTN ?
   - proof of concept (POC) implementation of Bundle protocol agent in 
python3. Most of the integration work was done on 101th IETF's Hackathon.

What it does/doesn't do ?
   - able to receive and decode bundle (Bundle Protocol Version 7, 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dtn-bpbis-10)

   - uses TCP-based convergence layer for Delay-Tolerant Networking 
(DTN) - Delay-Tolerant Networking TCP Convergence-Layer 
Protocol(https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7242)
       - partial implementation - sending/receiving of contact headers

   - provides REST APIs for configuration of uPCN :
       - send bundle
       - schedule contact

   - partial implementation of DTN IP Neighbor Discovery (IPND) 
(https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-dtnrg-ipnd-03)
       - code able to send/receive beacon is present, however it is not 
integrated to daemon

Goals for hackathon:
     - enhance implementation of TCP-based convergence layer
     - incorporate DTN IP Neighbor Discovery
     - any other enhancements are welcomed, will largely depend on size 
of the team

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus