Subject: Re: [hackathon] [iot-wg] New on RIPE Labs: Results of the IoT Hackathon

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 18:07:11 +0800

On 2019-11-11 7:24 p.m., Mirjam Kuehne wrote:
> Dear colleagues,
>
> The tenth RIPE NCC hackathon took place just before RIPE 79. Four teams
> of community members worked on a number interesting projects related to
> the Internet of Things (IoT) and came up with some great results. Check
> out the findings on RIPE Labs:
>
> https://labs.ripe.net/Members/becha/results-of-the-first-iot-hackathon

I will be working on the Aethernauts team WIFI detector at the IETF106
Hackathon.

I have made it work on ESP8266 (the version of the ESP SDK matters a
bit, but also the method used to flash was wrong)
I have made it compile with the Python code not monkey-patched into the
micropython source tree; so this makes it much easier to manage.  I
haven't quite finished getting it all sorted out so my team partners
haven't seen an email/pull-request from me yet... this week, before the
Hackathon starts.

I will be at the IoT-Onboarding/MUD "table", and I will be:
1) adding a MUD URL to the DHCPv4 code.
2) planning how to add BRSKI support; which parts can be python, which
parts need to be C, and if the axtls library is able to support our
needs, or if we have to move to mbedtls, and if that will fit in the
devices.  I don't expect to complete this work, but I think we will
learn some things doing some experiments.

Given time-zones for IETF106 at Singapore, if you want to participate
remotely, you'll probably have to get up really early, or possibly stay
up all night :-)