Subject: [hackathon] new networking capabilities for the hackathon

From: "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2020 22:31:47 +0000

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to call your attention to this newly added option for teams to connect virtually the IETF network to facilitate more advanced networking among their team, similar to what we provided by request at previous in-person hackathons via physical network drops to your table.

https://trac.ietf.org/trac/ietf/meeting/wiki/108hackathon#Network

---
Virtual IETF network for the Virtual Hackathon.

The NOC team has been working to allow you to join the IETF network while attending the meeting remotely. With a Raspberry Pi 2 or newer the NOC has a recipe that will allow your team to be virtually connected to the IETF network with IPv4 and IPv6 addresses and many options (IPv6ONLY, a closed user group, NAT64, IPv6PD, and more) for you to use for your projects. Your project champion can request getting access by sending a message to ietf108virtualnetwork @ noc.ietf.org. Please include your project name and members. The NOC will provide you with the recipe. 
---

Cheers,
Charles

---

From: Lorenzo Miniero <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 08:56:30 +0200

Hi all,

just to add to what Charles said, I'd like to clarify that you should
NOT use this network to join the live sessions via Meetecho, especially
so if you're going to present your work and results in the Hackathon
presentations session. While the Virtual IETF Network allows you to
effectively collaborate with each other, it's not meant to be used for
conferencing applications, and so you'd likely encounter issues.

Thanks!
Lorenzo

On Sun, 19 Jul 2020 22:31:47 +0000
"Charles Eckel \(eckelcu\)" <eckelcu=[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
> 
> I'd like to call your attention to this newly added option for teams
> to connect virtually the IETF network to facilitate more advanced
> networking among their team, similar to what we provided by request
> at previous in-person hackathons via physical network drops to your
> table.
> 
> The NOC team has been working to allow you to join the IETF network
> while attending the meeting remotely. With a Raspberry Pi 2 or newer
> the NOC has a recipe that will allow your team to be virtually
> connected to the IETF network with IPv4 and IPv6 addresses and many
> options (IPv6ONLY, a closed user group, NAT64, IPv6PD, and more) for
> you to use for your projects. Your project champion can request
> getting access by sending a message to ietf108virtualnetwork @
> noc.ietf.org. Please include your project name and members. The NOC
> will provide you with the recipe. ---
> 
> Cheers,
> Charles 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> hackathon mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hackathon

-- 
I'm getting older but, unlike whisky, I'm not getting any better
https://twitter.com/elminiero