Subject: [hackathon] Responses to various "unsubscribe" requests

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 09:55:01 -0400

Folks,
A number of the responses to the recent batch of "unsubscribe"
requests have been abrupt and rude, implying that those who can't
unsubscribe themselves are perhaps stupid, and at best not "real
engineers".

Please, there's no need for that.  Choose either to respond helpfully
and politely, or not to respond at all.  Remember that we're leading
by example here.  Let's please make the example a positive one,
presenting ourselves as a welcoming community, not as one that's
intolerant of anyone who doesn't know how we operate.  Keep in mind
that especially for the Hackathon (but for the IETF in general, as
well) we are encouraging students, those active in open source
communities, and others who may not be used to participating in these
sorts of activities through email lists, but are instead accustomed to
other tools that work in other ways.

Thanks,
Barry

---

From: Ed Daniel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 19:16:56 +0000

Well said, thank you, Barry.

On 17/03/2021 13:55, Barry Leiba wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> hackathon mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hackathon
>

---

From: rod van meter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 07:38:15 +0900

+1

---

From: Alexandre PETRESCU <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 09:27:11 +0100

I agree.

--
Alexandre Petrescu
[email-masked], tél 0169089223

---

From: Alexander Pelov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 11:26:44 +0100

+1

Thanks, Barry, for reframing the question in that terms.

Cheers,
Alexander

On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 9:27 AM Alexandre PETRESCU <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> I agree.
>
> --
> Alexandre [email-masked], tél 0169089223
>
> hackathon mailing [email-masked]://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hackathon
>

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 10:43:05 +0000

Well said Barry.

Oddly I unsubscribed from this list, and confirmed it, yesterday and resubscribed from a different email.  Yet I still get emails at this unsubscribed address (and the new one).

Trying again :)

Tim

> On 18 Mar 2021, at 10:26, Alexander Pelov <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> +1
> 
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 9:27 AM Alexandre PETRESCU <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I agree.
> 
> --
> Alexandre Petrescu
>