Subject: [hackathon] Fwd: Registration open for IETF 113

From: "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2022 19:38:39 +0000

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are doing well and are as excited as I am by the possibility of meeting in person for an IETF Hackathon!
Please see the message below for Important info and links to register for the Hackathon. Registration for the Hackathon is separate from registration for the IETF meeting. You can register to participate in the Hackathon in person and remotely. Both options are free, but registration is required in order to participate. It is also very helpful for our planning purposes if you register sooner rather than later.

The Hackathon wiki is up and we have our first project listed already. For those of you planning to lead projects, now is a great time to add your project to the wiki.
https://trac.ietf.org/trac/ietf/meeting/wiki/113hackathon

Cheers,
Charles

Begin forwarded message:

From: IETF Executive Director <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Subject: Registration open for IETF 113
Date: January 27, 2022 at 11:53:09 AM PST
To: "IETF Announcement List" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Cc: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>, [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

IETF 113
Vienna and online
March 19-25, 2022
Hosted by Huawei

I am pleased to announce that registration is now open for IETF 113 and
the preceding IETF Hackathon:

   https://registration.ietf.org

As previously announced [1], IETF 113 will be a 7-day hybrid meeting on
19-25 March with an agenda structure similar to that of an online
meeting, but with important changes made to comply with local
requirements and also to accommodate remote participants.  Agenda
details for the IETF 113 meeting will be published on 18 February.  The
IETF Hackathon [2] will be held 19-20 March.

As this is our first hybrid meeting, you may wish to consult our
detailed FAQ that aims to answer the main questions about travel,
registrations, hotel bookings and the mechanics of onsite participation:

https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/113/faq/

The IETF 113 meeting venue is the Hilton Vienna Park.  As explained in
the FAQ, you will need to register before you can reserve a guest room
at the venue.  A link to reserve a guest room will be sent to you after
you register.  Booking a different hotel does not require you to
register first.

In a change from previous meetings, all participants, both onsite and
remote, will need to use our remote participation service, Meetecho, in
order to participate in IETF 113.  For onsite participants, there will
be a cut down version of the Meetecho app that provides
contactless/paperless attendance recording (“blue sheets”), integrated
onsite/remote queue management, chat integration and slide sharing
features.

All IETF 113 participants will need an IETF Datatracker account in order
to authenticate with Meetecho.  You can create a Datatracker account
before registration [3] or as part of the registration process.

# Registration options

Onsite:

A. Early-Bird Registration: USD 700, if paid in full prior to 23:59 UTC 2022-02-07
   B. Standard Registration: USD 875, if paid in full prior to 23:59 UTC 2022-03-07
   C. Late Registration: USD 1000, if paid after 23:59 UTC 2022-03-07
   D. Full-time Student Registration: USD 150 (with proper ID)
   E. One Day Pass Registration: USD 375
   F. Hackathon only: No Fee

Remote:

   A. Early-Bird Registration: USD 230, if paid in full prior to 23:59 UTC 2022-02-07
   B. Standard Registration: USD 280, if paid in full prior to 23:59 UTC 2022-03-07
   C. Late Registration: USD 330 if paid after 23:59 UTC 2022-03-07
   D. Full-time Student Registration: USD 50 (with proper ID)
   E. One Day Pass Registration: USD 125
   F. Hackathon only: No Fee
   G. Fee Waiver Option: No Fee (see below for more details)

Payment is required at time of registration.  If you initiate but do not
complete the registration process, you will need to start again.  If you
require payment to be made by a 3rd party (e.g. internal accounting
department) you have the option to forward your registration record to
someone who can complete payment on your behalf.  You are not considered
registered until payment is received.

Please note that VAT will be applied to all onsite registrations.

# Remote participation fee waivers

We understand that not everyone can afford the IETF 113 remote
registration fee for a variety of reasons and we do not want any of
these to be a barrier to participation.  For that reason, we make an
unlimited number of fee waivers available to remote participants and
operate on a trust basis, making no checks on eligibility.  If you are
planning to participate remotely and cannot afford the registration fee
then please take the fee waiver option:

   https://www.ietf.org/forms/113-registration-fee-waiver/

# Cancellation and changing registration

If you register for onsite participation and wish to change to an online
registration then you can cancel with a full refund and re-register.  If
you wish to cancel your registration for any other reason then we will
provide a full refund.  Please request any cancellations and refunds by
contacting the Secretariat at [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> before the cutoff time of
UTC 23:59 2022-03-14.

# Meeting t-shirts

Thanks to the generosity of the IETF 113 meeting host, Huawei,
registered participants, both onsite and remote, have the option to
receive a free t-shirt with free delivery or collection onsite.  Limited
quantities are available on a first-come, first-served basis.

Full details about the IETF 113 meeting are available at:

https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/113/

If you require any further information or assistance with registration
then please feel free to contact us at [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>.

Jay

[1]  https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf-announce/eEgVx3PsP4u6JVoM21by9aj4b3M/
[2] https://www.ietf.org/how/runningcode/hackathons/113-hackathon/
[3]  https://datatracker.ietf.org/accounts/create/

--
Jay Daley
IETF Executive Director
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce