Subject: [Hipsec] New NES and packet processing rules

From: [email-masked] (Pekka Nikander)
Date: Wed Sep 24 09:55:02 2003

I have now completed the description for the NES,
and also tried to clarify the packet processing
rules in Section 8.

A new interim version of draft-moskowitz-hip is now
available at the following URLs.

http://www.tml.hut.fi/~pnr/HIP/draft-moskowitz-hip-08-pre-Sep24.txt
http://www.tml.hut.fi/~pnr/HIP/draft-moskowitz-hip-08-pre-Sep24.html
http://www.tml.hut.fi/~pnr/HIP/draft-moskowitz-hip-08-pre-Sep24.xml
http://www.tml.hut.fi/~pnr/HIP/draft-moskowitz-hip-08-pre-Sep24-chbar.txt
http://www.tml.hut.fi/~pnr/HIP/draft-moskowitz-hip-08-pre-Sep24-diff.html

The sections that have changed most are the following:

Section 8.  Packet processing
http://www.tml.hut.fi/~pnr/HIP/draft-moskowitz-hip-08-pre-Sep24.html#anchor37

   This is basically completely restructured, and much more detailed
   than the previous version.  There probably a number of mistakes,
   so careful reading would be very welcome.

Section 6.3.12. NES_INFO
http://www.tml.hut.fi/~pnr/HIP/draft-moskowitz-hip-08-pre-Sep24.html#anchor34

   The new defintion of the NES_INFO parameter.

Section 7.5 NES
http://www.tml.hut.fi/~pnr/HIP/draft-moskowitz-hip-08-pre-Sep24.html#NES

   Brief description of the new NES protocol.

--Pekka Nikander