Subject: [Hipsec] New Issue 17: Need example checksums as an appendix

From: [email-masked] (Pekka Nikander)
Date: Mon Sep 29 05:36:02 2003

Tom reminded me that HIP checksums have been a very
hard part to get right in the past.  Hence, we need
to have checksum examples in an appendix.  More specifically,
we need to have at least the following examples:

   - a simple HIP packet carried over IPv4 (an I1, for example)
   - a simple HIP packet carried over IPv6 (an I1, for example)
   - a simple UDP packet carried over IPv4, using specific
     simple HITs
   - a simple UDP packet carried over IPv6, using specific
     simple HITs, showing the same checksum as above
   - a simple TCP packet (e.g. SYN), with specific HITs.

As per RFC3330, I will use the IPv4 addresses in the examples
from the 192.0.2.0/24 network.

As per draft-houston-ipv6-documentation-prefix-01.txt, I will
use IPv6 addresses from 2001:0DB8::/32

Are there any opinions on the HITs that should be used?
Would 4000::1 and 4000::2 do?  Any better ideas?

--Pekka Nikander

---

From: [email-masked] (Pekka Nikander)
Date: Mon Sep 29 05:45:01 2003

Any helping hands to help me keep me up to date with issues?
This must be issue #18, since #17 is already assinged to
unifying the HIP and ESP SA proposals.

--Pekka Nikander	

Pekka Nikander wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Hipsec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://honor.trusecure.com/mailman/listinfo/hipsec