Subject: [Hipsec] A new draft on the proposed unified HIT format

From: Pekka Nikander <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 04:51:23 +0200

FYI.  This draft should be discussed in the ipv6 ML.  Any HIP- 
specific issues, like the incompatibility (CID) introduced w.r.t. the  
current base spec should be discussed here.

--Pekka

From: [email-masked]
Date: September 3, 2005 0:50:01 GMT+02:00
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-laganier-ipv6-khi-00.txt
Reply-To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts  
directories.

     Title        : A Non-Routable IPv6 Prefix for Keyed Hash  
Identifiers (KHI)
     Author(s)    : P. Nikander, et al.
     Filename    : draft-laganier-ipv6-khi-00.txt
     Pages        : 9
     Date        : 2005-9-2

    This document introduces Keyed Hash Identifiers (KHI) as a new,
    experimental class of IPv6-address-lookalike identifiers.  They are
    constructed to be statistically globally unique.  They are intended
    to be used as identifiers only, and not as locators.  They should  
not
    appear in actual IPv6 headers.  Consequently, they are considered as
    non-routable addresses from the IPv6 point of view.

    These identifiers are expected to be used at the existing IPv6 API
    and application protocols between consenting hosts.  They may be
    defined and used in different contexts, suitable for different
    protocols.  Examples of these include Host Identity Tags (HIT) in  
the
    Host Identity Protocol (HIP) and Temporary Mobile Identifiers (TMI)
    for Mobile IPv6 Privacy Extension.

    This document requests IANA to allocate a temporary prefix out of  
the
    IPv6 addressing space for Keyed Hash Identifiers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-laganier-ipv6-khi-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body  
of the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the  
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
     "get draft-laganier-ipv6-khi-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
     [email-masked].
In the body type:
     "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-laganier-ipv6-khi-00.txt".

NOTE:    The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
     MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
     feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
     command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
     a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail  
readers
     exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
     "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
     up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
     how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce

_______________________________________________
Hipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec