Subject: [Hipsec] dns extensions

From: Wesley Eddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 16:40:51 -0400

Are any implementations (bind patches, etc) available supporting the HIP
DNS extensions for HIPHI and HIPRVS RRs and QTYPEs?

-Wes

-- 
Wesley M. Eddy
Verizon FNS / NASA GRC
http://roland.grc.nasa.gov/~weddy
_______________________________________________
Hipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec

---

From: Rob Austein <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 13:34:41 -0400

> DNS extensions for HIPHI and HIPRVS RRs and QTYPEs?

Any name server which supports RFC 3597 (eg, any recent version of
BIND) can serve the HIP RR types.  You'd have to encode them in the
format described in RFC 3597, but that's a trivial perl hack.  You
won't get additional section processing that way, but I don't think
the HIP RR formats need additional section processing anyway (very few
RR types actually need additional section processing, mostly just the
DNS infrastructure types).

Similarly, one can query via any generic low-level resolver interface
(res_nquery() or whatever).

I haven't seen any patches for the HIP RR presentation formats or for
a higher level resolution API.