Subject: [Hipsec] multihoming API draft for SHIM6/HIP

From: Miika Komu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 14:41:18 +0300 (EEST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

         Title           : Socket Application Program Interface (API) for
 			  Multihoming Shim
         Author(s)       : M. Komu, et al.
         Filename        : draft-sugimoto-multihome-shim-api-00.txt
         Pages           : 30
         Date            : 2006-6-19

    This document specifies a socket API for the multihoming shim layer.
    The API aims to enable interactions between the applications and the
    multihoming shim layer for advanced locator management and also for
    accessing to information about failure detection and path
    exploration.

    This document is based on an assumption that a multhomed host is
    equipped with a 'shim' layer which essentially maintains mappings
    between identifiers and locators at the IP layer.  SHIM6 and HIP are
    examples of this shim layer.  Hence, the API can be commonly used by
    SHIM6 and HIP.

We created another mailing list to avoid excessive cross-posting:

https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/multimobsec-api

-- 
Miika Komu                                       http://www.iki.fi/miika/

_______________________________________________
Hipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec