Subject: Re: [Hipsec] draft-ietf-hip-esp-03

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 12:25:57 -0400

>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Townsley <[email-masked]> writes:

    Mark> It sounds like this addresses the concern in terms of "truth
    Mark> in advertising" here, and I am very glad to see this as it
    Mark> is certainly important. I wonder if the IPsec community will
    Mark> have architectural issues with SPIs being attached to
    Mark> specific processing above the IP stack (depending, I
    Mark> suppose, on where you consider HIP, IP, and IPsec in
    Mark> relation to one another). I remember somewhat similar cases
    Mark> in the past causing serious heartburn within the IPsec
    Mark> community.

I actually saw a copy of the new section 3.4 before it was posted to
the list (or at the same time).  I think the best thing to do at this
point is to run it by the IPsec community either by asking for secdir
reviews or by sending to the old ipsec list.

I actually suspect you get more comments of the form "you said things
the wrong way," than "you did things that must not be done.

_______________________________________________
Hipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec