Subject: [Hipsec] Small definition error on HIP_HMAC in 5201

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 16:13:49 -0400

As I plow through the text on HIP_HMAC and working on having it work 
with CMAC as well I noticed on pg 36 of 5201:

    | HMAC                   | 61505 | variable | HMAC-based message    |
    |                        |       |          | authentication code,  |
    |                        |       |          | with key material     |
    |                        |       |          | from HIP_TRANSFORM    |
    |                        |       |          |                       |
    | HMAC_2                 | 61569 | variable | HMAC based message    |
    |                        |       |          | authentication code,  |
    |                        |       |          | with key material     |
    |                        |       |          | from HIP_TRANSFORM.   |
    |                        |       |          | Compared to HMAC, the |

No, no,  that is key material from KEYMAT, not any particular HIP 
Parameter.   And KEYMAT in BEX comes for the DIFFIE_HELLMAN parameter 
(in DEX it will come from PK_WRAP).

No where else is the definition error propagated.  So, I plan on just 
changing the the text here to:

key material from KEYMAT

And leave it at that unless someone here has some insight to add.