Subject: [Hipsec] FWD: [Cfrg] HKDF paper

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 12:56:42 -0400

Frowarded from Hugo:

================================================================

In anticipation of the publication of HKDF as an RFC (which will happen 
very shortly) and of the publication of the HKDF paper in Crypto'2010 I 
finally updated the paper and posted it to the IACR eprint repository:

The new title for the paper is "Cryptographic Extraction and Key 
Derivation: The HKDF Scheme", and its URL is http://eprint.iacr.org/2010/264

The paper is heavier on the technical side than a previous version (that 
I still keep under http://webee.technion.ac.il/~hugo/kdf/ 
<http://webee.technion.ac.il/%7Ehugo/kdf/> for those less technically 
inclined).
In particular, it answers requests for quantitative statements of 
security (answering, among others, good questions by David McGrew).

There is an attempt in the paper to reflect many of the many-many 
discussions on this list regarding KDF security. I am sure that there 
will be more questions but the paper is too long already...

Hopefully the combination of the RFC and the extensive rationale in the 
paper will encourage people to use this KDF.

Hugo