Subject: [Hipsec] I-D Action:draft-ietf-hip-rfc4423-bis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 08:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Host Identity Protocol Architecture
	Author(s)       : R. Moskowitz
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hip-rfc4423-bis-01.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2010-08-24

This memo describes a new namespace, the Host Identity namespace, and
a new protocol layer, the Host Identity Protocol, between the
internetworking and transport layers.  Herein are presented the
basics of the current namespaces, their strengths and weaknesses, and
how a new namespace will add completeness to them.  The roles of this
new namespace in the protocols are defined.

This document obsoletes RFC 4423 and addresses the concerns raised by
the IESG, particularly that of crypto agility.  It incorporates
lessons learned from the implementations of RFC 5201 and goes further
to explain how HIP works as a secure signalling channel.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-rfc4423-bis-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 14:21:25 -0400

This ID only adds text for"

section 3.1 of http://www.ietf.org/id-info/checklist.html:

D. if your document obsoletes or updates a previous RFC, then:
     * say so in the abstract.
     * Explain in the introduction how and why this document updates or 
obsoletes an earlier document.
     * Add a section that describes the changes from the document that 
is being updated or obsoleted.

The 02.txt version will be the next rev from 
draft-moskowitz-hip-rfc4423-bis-02.txt

On 08/24/2010 11:15 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Hipsec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec
>