Subject: [Hipsec] Last Call: <draft-ietf-hip-native-nat-traversal-27.txt> (Native NAT Traversal Mode for the Host Identity Protocol) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 06:18:24 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Host Identity Protocol WG (hip) to
consider the following document: - 'Native NAT Traversal Mode for the Host
Identity Protocol'
  <draft-ietf-hip-native-nat-traversal-27.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-02-26. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies a new Network Address Translator (NAT)
   traversal mode for the Host Identity Protocol (HIP).  The new mode is
   based on the Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE) methodology
   and UDP encapsulation of data and signaling traffic.  The main
   difference from the previously specified modes is the use of HIP
   messages for all NAT traversal procedures.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-native-nat-traversal/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-native-nat-traversal/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.