Subject: [Hipsec] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-moskowitz-hip-new-crypto-00.txt

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2019 19:30:12 -0400

This completes the first set of drafts for tm-rid.

This draft has a couple drafty areas.  Particularly in the cipher, I 
need to study Keyak more, but this is what I was advised to use.

There are important crypto improvements for HIP in this draft, PLEASE 
read it and comment.  I will be posting this to SAAG and CFRG, as some 
of the applications of Keccak are new to the IETF. At least I have not 
found any other drafts doing this.

The Keymat is really a new approach, but pulled directly from NIST 
sp800-56Cr1.

There are a number of other new ways of doing things, leveraging Keccak.

So take a read.  I am attending the UAS symposium: 
https://nuair.org/symposium/

the next couple days along with Stu and Adam.  I expect to have 
additional information from this gathering.

I will be working on the DNS storage of HHITs for updates, plus other items.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for 
draft-moskowitz-hip-new-crypto-00.txt
Date: 	Sun, 15 Sep 2019 16:12:21 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Stuart Card <[email-masked]>, Adam Wiethuechter 
<[email-masked]>, Robert Moskowitz 
<[email-masked]>, Stuart W. Card <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-moskowitz-hip-new-crypto-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Robert Moskowitz and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-moskowitz-hip-new-crypto
Revision: 00
Title: New Cryptographic Algorithms for HIP
Document date: 2019-09-15
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 11
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moskowitz-hip-new-crypto-00.txt
Status: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moskowitz-hip-new-crypto/
Htmlized: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moskowitz-hip-new-crypto-00
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-moskowitz-hip-new-crypto

Abstract:
This document provides new cryptographic algorithms to be used with
HIP. The Edwards Elliptic Curve and the Keccak sponge functions are
the main focus. The HIP parameters and processing instructions
impacted by these algorithms are defined.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 20:31:48 -0400

I don't have the KEYMAT construction right.  I am talking to NIST about 
what is needed.  Stay tuned.

Close but not quite there.

On 9/15/19 7:30 PM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> of the applications of Keccak are new to the IETF.  At least I have 
> not found any other drafts doing this.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Hipsec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec