Subject: [http-extensions] Rename aesgcm128 to aesgcm to provide an update path (#137)

From: HTTP issue updates <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 07:05:41 -0800

In order to allow existing applications to update from one octet of
padding per record to two (PR #136, Issue #135), this PR renames
"aesgcm128" to "aesgcm" as the value for the Content-Encoding header,
as well as the parameter name in the Crypto-Key header.

This also affects the context used for deriving the nonce and the
content encryption key. Examples have been updated.

What I did not update is the JWE mapping (currently "A128GCM"). Do
we wish to change that to "AGCM", which may be less descriptive?
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/137

-- Commit Summary --

  * Rename aesgcm128 to aesgcm to provide an update path

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-httpbis-encryption-encoding.md (62)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/137.patch
https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/137.diff

---
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/137