Subject: [httpwg/http-extensions] You can't actually receive a 425 if the handshake doesn't complete (#405)

From: HTTP issue updates <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 01:46:05 +0000 (UTC)

@mcmanus was confused by the text here and I confess that I don't remember why
it was added.  There are actually esoteric cases where you get server data that
you can read before the handshake is complete (QUIC tends to enable that sort
of mess), but there is no circumstance where the client can read the 425 but
can't also determine whether that the handshake is not done to its
satisfaction.  The client might decide that it wants to abort and not provide a
certificate or something, but most implementations don't really allow that sort
of messing around.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/405

-- Commit Summary --

  * You can't actually receive a 425 if the handshake doesn't complete

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-httpbis-replay.md (4)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/405.patch
https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/405.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/405

---

From: HTTP issue updates <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 14:58:14 -0700

Merged #405.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/405#event-1268706707