Subject: Re: [httpwg/http-extensions] Changes in response to ekr's replay review (#423)

From: HTTP issue updates <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 05:46:45 +0000 (UTC)

LGTM

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/423#issuecomment-345923679

---

From: HTTP issue updates <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 09:34:37 +0000 (UTC)

Looks perfect, thanks Martin!

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/423#issuecomment-345968895

---

From: HTTP issue updates <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 21:49:16 +0000 (UTC)

kaduk approved this pull request.

> @@ -175,7 +177,8 @@ other information, clients MAY send requests with safe HTTP methods (see
 send unsafe methods (or methods whose safety is not known) in early data.
 
 If the server rejects early data at the TLS layer, a client MUST start sending
-again as though the connection was new. For HTTP/2, this means re-sending the
+again as though the connection was new. This could include a change to the
+negotiated protocol {{?ALPN=RFC7301}}. For HTTP/2, this means re-sending the

It's not immediately clear to the reader how "as though the connection was new" could imply a different protocol, since the initial connection (with early data) was also "new" and got a protocol as a "new connection".  So, it might be more clear to say ```"This could entail using a different negotiated protocol {{?ALPN=RFC7301}} than the one optimistically used for the early data."```

-Intermediaries that receive a 425 (Too Early) status code MAY automatically
-retry requests after allowing the handshake to complete unless the original
-request contained the `Early-Data` header field when it was received.
-Otherwise, an intermediary MUST forward the 425 (Too Early) status code.
+In all cases, an intermediary can forward a 425 (Too Early) status code.
+Intermediaries MUST forward a 425 (Too Early) status code if the request that it
+received and forwarded contained an `Early-Data` header field. An intermediary

I might start this sentence with "Otherwise, an intermediary that receives [...]" just to make extra clear that the presence of Early-Data in the header forces the intermediary's behavior.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/423#pullrequestreview-78252125

---

From: HTTP issue updates <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 23:21:22 +0000 (UTC)

@martinthomson pushed 2 commits.

4a95053  Otherwise...
362d93d  Reword based on @kaduk's suggestions

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/423/files/19508264b8b45d650739892b74dd1e363eebd75c..362d93d1b516d1e230e33d7e0b49167c5364d580

---

From: HTTP issue updates <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 23:27:44 +0000 (UTC)

Thanks!

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/423#pullrequestreview-78293211

---

From: HTTP issue updates <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2017 01:06:37 +0000 (UTC)

Merged #423.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/423#event-1356434722