Subject: [i2rs] Alissa Cooper's No Objection on draft-ietf-i2rs-yang-network-topo-10: (with COMMENT)

From: "Alissa Cooper" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2017 06:13:16 -0800

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-i2rs-yang-network-topo-10: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-yang-network-topo/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with Kathleen's comments and always find it helpful when the
security considerations templates are used in YANG documents as Juergen
and Benoit suggested.

= Section 3 =

HTTP and ReST are defined, but they aren't used anywhere else in the
document in a way that requires definition.

= Section 6.1 =

"leaf server-provided {
           type boolean;
           config false;
           description
             "Indicates whether the information concerning this
              particular network is populated by the server
              (server-provided true, the general case for network
              information discovered from the server),
              or whether it is configured by a client
              (server-provided true, possible e.g. for
              service overlays managed through a controller)."

I think the second instance of "server-provided true" is actually
supposed to say "server-provided false," right?

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2017 15:28:04 +0100

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-yang-network-topo/
Good catch.
Updating a YANG module once published is a little bit of a pain.

Regards, Benoit
> .

---

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2017 09:30:40 -0500

+1 to Benoit's comments.  Good catch - thank you Alissa! 

Sue 

-----Original Message-----
From: i2rs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Benoit Claise
Sent: Thursday, January 5, 2017 9:28 AM
To: Alissa Cooper; The IESG
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [i2rs] Alissa Cooper's No Objection on
draft-ietf-i2rs-yang-network-topo-10: (with COMMENT)

On 1/5/2017 3:13 PM, Alissa Cooper wrote:
> email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut 
> this introductory paragraph, however.)
>
>
> Please refer to 
> https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
> security considerations templates are used in YANG documents as 
> Juergen and Benoit suggested.
>
> = Section 3 =
>
Good catch.

Regards, Benoit

_______________________________________________
i2rs mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i2rs