Subject: [i2rs] Suresh Krishnan's No Objection on draft-ietf-i2rs-yang-l3-topology-08: (with COMMENT)

From: "Suresh Krishnan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 19:16:12 -0800

Suresh Krishnan has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-i2rs-yang-l3-topology-08: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-yang-l3-topology/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

* Section 3

OSPF and IS-IS are used later in the document as examples but this
section (especially Figure 1) seems to treat them as more than examples.
What is the actual intent? Is this draft supposed to be the canonical
definition of ospf-topology and isis-topology? Please clarify.

* Section 4

Is there a reason that router-id is defined as capable of having multiple
instances?

---

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 13:50:51 -0500

Suresh: 

On the example text, I will work with the authors to move the examples to an
appendix.  On the router-id, it is possible that one router can have
multiple router-id - with each router-id being shared in virtual router.
However, I need to go back and chat with the authors to refresh my
understanding of the multiple instances.  Good catch on the router-id. 

Sue 

-----Original Message-----
From: i2rs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Suresh Krishnan
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 10:16 PM
To: The IESG
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [i2rs] Suresh Krishnan's No Objection on
draft-ietf-i2rs-yang-l3-topology-08: (with COMMENT)

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all email
addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

* Section 3

OSPF and IS-IS are used later in the document as examples but this section
(especially Figure 1) seems to treat them as more than examples.
What is the actual intent? Is this draft supposed to be the canonical
definition of ospf-topology and isis-topology? Please clarify.

* Section 4

_______________________________________________
i2rs mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i2rs