Subject: [i2rs] Benoit Claise's No Objection on draft-ietf-i2rs-yang-network-topo-18: (with COMMENT)

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 01:29:28 -0800

Benoit Claise has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-i2rs-yang-network-topo-18: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-yang-network-topo/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the version 18, please engage in the discussion with Qin Wu (OPS DIR
reviewer). He has some good questions.

Below is my feedback on version 16, which has not been addressed.

Preliminary note: I hope I'm doing the right thing by updating my ballot as  I
understand that the document is back to the WG. However, since I reviewed the
versions 15 and 16, since some of my ballot points have been addressed (thank
you), and since I wanted to share my feedback publicly, here is my feedback.
Editorial:

     The data model obeys the requirements for the ephemeral state found
       in the document [I-D.draft-ietf-i2rs-ephemeral-state].  For ephemeral
       topology data that is system controlled, the process tasked with
       maintaining topology information will load information from the
       routing process (such as OSPF) into the <operational> without relying
       on a configuration datastore.

    <operational> =>  operational state datastore,
    according to
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-revised-datastores/

---

From: "Alexander Clemm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 10:35:58 -0800

Hello Benoit,

Thank you for your comments.  I have updated all instances of "operational
datastore" to "operational state datastore" in -19 (to be posted shortly)
and also incorporated comments from Qin per my separate email responses to
him.  

--- Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: i2rs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Benoit Claise
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2017 1:29 AM
To: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [i2rs] Benoit Claise's No Objection on
draft-ietf-i2rs-yang-network-topo-18: (with COMMENT)

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all email
addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Regarding the version 18, please engage in the discussion with Qin Wu (OPS
DIR reviewer). He has some good questions.

Preliminary note: I hope I'm doing the right thing by updating my ballot as
I understand that the document is back to the WG. However, since I reviewed
the versions 15 and 16, since some of my ballot points have been addressed
(thank you), and since I wanted to share my feedback publicly, here is my
feedback.
Editorial:

_______________________________________________
i2rs mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i2rs