Subject: [Ietf-and-github] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-git-using-github-04

From: Qin Wu via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2020 18:21:42 -0800

Reviewer: Qin Wu
Review result: Has Nits

I have reviewed this document as part of the Ops area directorate's ongoing
effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.  These
comments were written primarily for the benefit of the Ops area directors.
Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just like any other
last call comments.

Good work, this draft provides working group github usage guidance and document
best practice that can be referenced by all IETF working groups. A few nits
that need to be fixed before moving forward: 1. Section 5.2,3rd paragraph: The
word "err" is a little bit weird to me. s/err more toward/lean more toward 2.
Section 5.2 5th paragraph: "As mailing lists remain the primary venue for
discussion of
   substantive matters, this mode and the document management only modes
   remain those most compatible with existing work practices for Working
   Groups."
I feel the second half sentence is disconnected and not clear. should this be
changed into "...only modes which remain those most" …? 3.Section 5.4.2,last
paragraph The label “v2” has some ambiguity, since each draft may have already
made multiple revisions. The latest version may not start with v1. In addition,
should the decision label or component label be registered in IANA?

---

From: "Martin Thomson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 08:15:13 -0800

Thanks for the review Qin,

I struggled a little with your second suggestion.  I ultimately settled on

+Retaining mailing lists as the primary venue for discussion of substantive
+matters ensures that this mode - along with the document management mode - is
+most compatible with existing work practices for Working Groups.

I chose 'future' rather than 'v2'.