Subject: [Ietf-and-github] Document Action: 'Working Group GitHub Administration' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-git-github-wg-configuration-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 08:32:38 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Working Group GitHub Administration'
  (draft-ietf-git-github-wg-configuration-07.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the GitHub Integration and Tooling Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Barry Leiba and Alissa Cooper.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-git-github-wg-configuration/

Technical Summary

The use of GitHub in IETF working group processes is increasing.
This document describes possible uses and conventions for working
groups that are considering starting to use GitHub.  It does not
mandate any processes, and does not require changes to the processes
used by current and future working groups not using GitHub.
It also proposes extensions to the IETF Datatracker that might help the
IETF community better implement the proposed policies.

Working Group Summary

Some working group participants expressed concern over who might implement
the mechanisms or policies described in this document. Beyond that, there were
no controversial points raised.

Document Quality

This document is short, simple, and well written.  It derives from existing
github usage in several working groups, and is, therefore, based on solid ground.
Other working groups are very likely to implement the suggestions herein.

Personnel

Christopher A. Wood is the Document Shepherd. Barry Leiba is the responsible Area Director.

RFC Editor Note

Please remove the second paragraph of the Abstract (the one that says what
mailing list discussion is on) before publication.