Subject: [EAI] RFC 6530 on Overview and Framework for Internationalized Email

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 09:15:55 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6530

        Title:      Overview and Framework for Internationalized 
                    Email 
        Author:     J. Klensin, Y. Ko
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      26
        Characters: 64371
        Obsoletes:  RFC4952, RFC5504, RFC5825

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-eai-frmwrk-4952bis-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6530.txt

Full use of electronic mail throughout the world requires that
(subject to other constraints) people be able to use close variations
on their own names (written correctly in their own languages and
scripts) as mailbox names in email addresses.  This document
introduces a series of specifications that define mechanisms and
protocol extensions needed to fully support internationalized email
addresses.  These changes include an SMTP extension and extension of
email header syntax to accommodate UTF-8 data.  The document set also
includes discussion of key assumptions and issues in deploying fully
internationalized email.  This document is a replacement for RFC
4952; it reflects additional issues identified since that document
was published.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Email Address Internationalization Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC