Subject: [EAI] IETF 83 (Paris) EAI meeting and follow-on Interim Meeting

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 22:55:33 -0400

Hi.

In my March 2 "Status of the EAI effort" note, I discussed
conditions for holding a WG meeting in Paris.  Those conditions,
particularly the one that people identify specific issues that
have been discussed on-list and for which a f2f discussion would
help, have not been met.  So we are canceling the meeting slot
in Paris,

Anyone who feels either that this is a serious mistake or that
the cancellation after the earlier request/warning is an abuse
of procedure has 24 hours to complain.  After that time, we will
notify the Secretariat to free up the slot.

Somewhat as an alternative to a face to face meeting in Paris,
we'd like to schedule an interim Jabber-based meeting around the
third week in April with the intention of using it to resolve
any outstanding issues on the four POP/IMAP drafts (POP, IMAP,
both "downgrades").   That means authors who have been
accumulation issues or responses should plan on having new
versions posted no later than April 16 (and preferably by the
April 13) and that people should be sure they have read things
carefully enough to identify any issue and have a reasonable
discussion of them.   You can consider that a one-week
preliminary WG Last Call on all four documents starting on April
16.

Joseph will put out a Doodle Poll for convenient times within
the next few days.   Given how many time zones participants in
this WG spread over, some people should think in terms of being
up either very early or very late.

best,
    john

---

From: "Jiankang YAO" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 09:32:56 +0800

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "John C Klensin" <[email-masked]>
To: "EAI WG" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2012 10:55 AM
Subject: [EAI] IETF 83 (Paris) EAI meeting and follow-on Interim Meeting

> preliminary WG Last Call on all four documents starting on April
pop has finished a wglc. imap has gotten intensive comments during last ietf meeting.

both "downgrades"  are the new vesions now. 
I think that chairs can issue "call for comments"  at first, then before 13 April, the authors/editors can update one more version based on the comments received.

> up either very early or very late.

I like Doodle Poll.

:)

Jiankang Yao

> best,
>    john
> 
> _______________________________________________
> IMA mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ima