Subject: [EAI] popimap-downgrade: How to refer Barry's mini doc ?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 19:46:00 +0900 (JST)

I'm updating draft-ietf-popimap-downgrade-05.

I reflected comments from AppsDir review.

>From Preliminary High-level summary of EAI Meeting at May 14,

| - If a document is needed to "update" RFC5322 to explicitly allow
| empty group syntax in "From:", Barry Leiba will do a first draft of a
| "mini-doc" to that effect (rather than trying to do it in one of the
| downgrading specs).

I want to refer the document.

Recent version of popimap-downgrade (06pre) is on my page.
  http://member.wide.ad.jp/~fujiwara/diff.html

Regards,

--
Kazunori Fujiwara, JPRS <[email-masked]>

---

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 07:28:37 -0400

Barry,

Can we at least get a title and proposed name that can be
included in a forward-pointing informative reference?  Even if
the document is delayed, I'd prefer to see a posted version of
the popimap-downgrade draft (so we can start WG LC) RSN.

thanks
   john

--On Friday, June 29, 2012 19:46 +0900 [email-masked] wrote:

> | - If a document is needed to "update" RFC5322 to explicitly
> allow | empty group syntax in "From:", Barry Leiba will do a
> first draft of a | "mini-doc" to that effect (rather than
> trying to do it in one of the | downgrading specs).
> 
> _______________________________________________
> IMA mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ima

---

From: Arnt Gulbrandsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 13:35:47 +0200

On 06/29/2012 01:28 PM, John C Klensin wrote:
> Even if

+1. And WGLC simpledowngrade too at the same time. It's so nice to 
finish things off.

Arnt

---

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 07:42:48 -0400

--On Friday, June 29, 2012 13:35 +0200 Arnt Gulbrandsen
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> +1. And WGLC simpledowngrade too at the same time. It's so
> nice to finish things off.

Arnt (and others),

My/our plan is to do one WG LC on all four documents.  Assuming
that works out, I'm going to ask Pete to issue a single IETF LC
on the four documents.  That may or may not be possible given
existing tools (Pete is checking), but it is something that the
IESG used to do quite often.  Its advantage in this case is that
it would save us a lot of reviews that complain about the
absence in one document that appears instead in one or more of
the others because the reviewers focused only on a single
document.  That, in turn, saves both the WG and the IESG time so
should be a net win.

best,
   john

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 09:41:06 -0400

> the popimap-downgrade draft (so we can start WG LC) RSN.

Sorry: I forgot I had this action item.  I'll put a first draft out
ASAP.  I presume it will go as AD sponsored, not as a WG item, right?

Barry

---

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 09:53:07 -0400

--On Friday, 29 June, 2012 09:41 -0400 Barry Leiba
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> Sorry: I forgot I had this action item.  I'll put a first
> draft out ASAP.  I presume it will go as AD sponsored, not as
> a WG item, right?

Assuming you can find an AD to sponsor it, yes, please.
:-)
    john