Subject: [EAI] In-depth reviews of POP and IMAP specs

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 10:13:31 -0400

Hi.

I had intended to wait until I had all four reviews ready, but
the process is going much more slowly than I had expected
(unfortunately, other things, such as responses to Martin's
notes are backed up behind them).  So I'm going to send the
reviews out separately -- POP and IMAP today and I hope the two
"downgrade" docs later in the week.

As with the detailed review on mailinglist, a lot of these
comments are editorial issues.  Resolving them now is quite
likely to lower the pain level during Last Call, IESG review,
and interactions with the RFC Editor (before and after AUTH48).
Other issues are raised to help me/us write Shepherd's reports
-- having them on these lists and having people review them puts
us on much firmer ground when we say "yes the WG reviewed that
issue".

If there are any questions raised in or by these notes (they do
contain some semi-substantive stuff), I hope we can resolve them
well before various of us head for Vancouver.

best,
    john