Subject: [EAI] New documents coming?

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 13:47:05 -0400

Hi.

My "comprehensive review" notes were posted to this list on

  17 July for 5738bis (IMAP) and 5721bis (POP)
  23 July for simpledowngrade and popimap-downgrade

Questions:

(1) Do authors believe updates are needed?  The alternative is
that we attach those review comments as outstanding issues to
the shepherd's report.  I think that would make an unpleasant
Last Call, but it is up to the WG.

(2) Are we going to see new drafts early enough to be useful to
the W meeting on Thursday?  I think a "yes" answer for one of
these drafts means that it needs to be posted no later than
mid-day, Vancouver time on Tuesday?  

(3) If the answer is "no", can we at least get enough responses
from authors to the postings that the WG has, well before
Thursday, a pretty good understanding of  whether and where we
have controversy about the points I identified?

(4) And, if the answer is "no" (or silence) even to (3), I
expect that we will push the comprehensive reviews onto
Thursday's agenda and expect authors and others to be able to
respond to questions about what they expect to do.  That is a
recipe for a very tedious meeting, but may be unavoidable.

best,
   john

---

From: "Jiankang YAO" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 01:55:10 +0800

I  think that updates are necessary.

I will try to update the rfc5721bis ASAP.

Jiankang Yao

Jiankang Yao
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "John C Klensin" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Joseph Yee" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 1:47 AM
Subject: [EAI] New documents coming?

> _______________________________________________
> IMA mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ima

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 03:10:54 +0900 (JST)

> From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>

> Last Call, but it is up to the WG.

Yes, I will try to update popimap-downgrade document today
and submit it tomorrow.

Regards,

--
Kazunori Fujiwara, JPRS <[email-masked]>

---

From: Arnt Gulbrandsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 20:23:29 +0200

On 07/30/2012 07:47 PM, John C Klensin wrote:
> (1) Do authors believe updates are needed?

Im my case: No.

Several of the points warrant wording changes, and I don't accept every 
suggestion, but that's nothing the WG members need to be bothered with. 
One of the points is substantive, but noncontroversial.

Nothing warrants WG discussion.

I'm not sure I can update tomorrow. Unlikely. Sorry, I'm in catchup mode 
after some illness.

Arnt

---

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 14:32:49 -0400

--On Monday, 30 July, 2012 20:23 +0200 Arnt Gulbrandsen
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> Several of the points warrant wording changes, and I don't
> accept every suggestion, but that's nothing the WG members
> need to be bothered with. One of the points is substantive,
> but noncontroversial.
> 
> I'm not sure I can update tomorrow. Unlikely. Sorry, I'm in
> catchup mode after some illness.

Assuming the WG agrees with you that we don't  need a new draft
before discussion on Thursday, it would be reasonable for you to
wait until the end of this week or beginning of next to generate
a new draft.   If you had the energy to prepare a short note
listing those changes that you consider substantive but
uncontroversial, that would be helpful.

good luck with the catchup process -- hope you are fully
recovered at least.

Thanks,
   john

---

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 15:42:36 -0400

> Yes, I will try to update popimap-downgrade document today

Excellent.  Thanks in advance to both you and Jiankang.

   john