Subject: [EAI] I-D Action: draft-ietf-eai-popimap-downgrade-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 00:03:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Email Address Internationalization Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Post-delivery Message Downgrading for Internationalized Email Messages
	Author(s)       : Kazunori Fujiwara
	Filename        : draft-ietf-eai-popimap-downgrade-07.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2012-08-01

Abstract:
   The Email Address Internationalization (SMTPUTF8) extension to SMTP
   allows UTF-8 characters in mail header fields.  Upgraded POP and IMAP
   servers support internationalized Email messages.  If a POP/IMAP
   client does not support Email Address Internationalization, POP/IMAP
   servers cannot deliver Internationalized Email Headers to the client
   and cannot remove the message.  To avoid the situation, this document
   describes a conversion mechanism for internationalized Email messages
   to be in traditional message format.  In the process, message
   elements requiring internationalized treatment are recoded or removed
   and receivers are able to know that they received messages containing
   such elements even if they cannot process the internationalized
   elements.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-eai-popimap-downgrade

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-eai-popimap-downgrade-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-eai-popimap-downgrade-07

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/