Subject: [EAI] IETF 84 EAI Minutes Uploaded

From: Joseph Yee <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 15:15:36 -0400

All,

The minutes of IETF84 uploaded and available at URL below:
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/84/minutes/minutes-84-eai

Text also available below.

Please advise of any corrections needed.

Regards,
Joseph

--------

EAI (IETF 84) Meeting Minutes

IETF 84 Vancouver
2012-08-02 09:00 AM
Chairs: John Klensin
        Joseph Yee
Scribe: JianKang Yao

Agenda bashing: no changes

Summary:

Mailing List bis:
(draft-ietf-eai-mailinglistbis)
Ready for IESG review, no objections during meeting

Next 4 drafts - POP, IMAP, Downgrade-Display, Simple-Downgrade-Display:
	(draft-ietf-eai-rfc5721bis-06)
	(draft-ietf-eai-5738bis-06)
	(draft-ietf-eai-popimap-downgrade-06)
	(draft-ietf-eai-simpledowngrade-05)
Chair asked if any objection to send these 4 drafts to last call, no
objection to any of them
Chair asked and confirmed that no need to distribute shepherd reports
before submitting to IESG

Discussion of the draft of empty group syntax:
(draft-leiba-5322upd-from-group-03)
John Levine has summary of how some current mail clients managed empty
group syntax, will distribute to EAI and ietf-822 mailing lists

Mailto:
The issue is complex, and we are concerned whether the WG has energy
(and enough subject matter experts on URI/IRI and other issues) to
review the draft. AD Pete Resnick is concerned about possible EAI work
on mailto, and agreed that mailto is not necessary to be handled in
EAI.  There are discussions of impact if mailto dropped from EAI, all
agreed that IRI issues must be settled as prerequisite for IRI-mailto
specification.  Some suggested that IRI adopt the mailto draft and
write an informational draft documenting issues between
internationalization and mailto, but that is not EAI's decision to
make.

[Decision] Tentative agreement that EAI will not work on mailto.

[Action] Chair will bring this tentative agreement to mailing list for
   consensus.

Presentation:
EAI deployment in China & Concerns from software and service
providers (YAO, JianKang)
Many showed interest if there was another demo event.

Some discussion on Sent Messages.

Advice Doc and WG:
[Decision] Best to leave some time for implementation and deployment
   experiences before moving advice docs forward
[Decision] WG will be suspended or killed after the 4 core drafts and
   mailinglist-bis published.  It will be reopened when there are more
   implementation, deployment, and operation experiences.  WG mailing
   list will remain open.
[Decision] EAI will not have WG session in next the IETF meeting
   (IETF85, Atlanta)

------