Subject: [EAI] EAI Consensus Call on mailto draft

From: Joseph Yee <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 15:56:01 -0400

All,

Based on WG discussion at IETF84 (see minutes:
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/84/minutes/minutes-84-eai), there's a
tentative agreement during meeting for EAI not to take on mailto
draft.  The chairs are looking for broad consensus in the working
group.

Please use this thread for discussion.  The end date of discussion is
August 29, 2012 20:00 UTC and consensus will be announced afterwards.

Regards
John & Joseph

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 19:56:37 -0400

Indeed; I do not see the energy nor interest to do it.  Let's not.

Barry, participant

On Wednesday, August 22, 2012, Joseph Yee wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> IMA mailing list
> [email-masked] <javascript:;>
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ima
>

---

From: Arnt Gulbrandsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 10:31:17 +0200

I couldn't stomach spending effort on that draft, even though I know 
quite a bit about all the areas whoever listed during the WG meeting.

IMO, if the rules are too complex to be done in three lines of perl, 
they're too complex, because three lines of perl is what they'll get. 
Maybe four of there's example code in the draft. And the thought of 
fighting over complexity limits is... not very inspiring.

Arnt

---

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 10:43:13 -0400

--On Thursday, August 23, 2012 10:31 +0200 Arnt Gulbrandsen
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> I couldn't stomach spending effort on that draft, even though
> I know quite a bit about all the areas whoever listed during
> the WG meeting.
> 
> IMO, if the rules are too complex to be done in three lines of
> perl, they're too complex, because three lines of perl is what
> they'll get. Maybe four of there's example code in the draft.
> And the thought of fighting over complexity limits is... not
> very inspiring.

Speaking personally only... your observation about complexity
exactly captures my feelings on the matter.

   john