Subject: [EAI] Last Call: <draft-ietf-eai-mailinglistbis-05.txt> (Mailing Lists and non-ASCII Addresses) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 13:54:51 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Email Address
Internationalization WG (eai) to consider the following document:
- 'Mailing Lists and non-ASCII Addresses'
  <draft-ietf-eai-mailinglistbis-05.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-08-29. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes considerations for mailing lists with the
   introduction of non-ASCII UTF-8 email addresses.  It outlines some
   possible scenarios for handling lists with mixtures of non-ASCII and
   traditional addresses, but does not specify protocol changes or offer
   implementation or deployment advice.

   *NOTE TO REVIEWERS: Missing or odd-looking references between
   sections are due to bugs in xml2rfc.  The XML is OK, and the HTML
   output looks reasonable.*

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-eai-mailinglistbis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-eai-mailinglistbis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.