Subject: [EAI] Tentative EAI meeting minutes at IETF 85

From: Joseph Yee <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 10:02:40 -0500

Below is the minutes of EAI meeting at IETF 85.  Please review and
advise of any correction needed.

If there is no substantial change, I will upload the minutes by Friday Nov 16.

Thanks
Joseph

-----------------------------------------------------

EAI -  IETF 85 Minutes
Nov 9, 2012

Jabber Scribe: Yao, JianKang

Agenda Bashing: none

Minutes:

The chair described the relationship (as discussed in mailing list)
between IMAP servers ("UTF8=ACCEPT" & "UTF8=ONLY") and mail clients
(with & without "ENABLE UTF8=ACCEPT") that documented in the latest
draft (http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-eai-5738bis/).

The chair asks participants for comments and objections, and no body
objects from both meeting room and chat room.  Since this was raised
in mailing list prior meeting, there is no need to bring it (as new
issue) back to WG mailing list.

Alexey has some minor editorial suggestions for IMAP draft, and will
try to bring it to WG as soon as possible.  This would not block the 4
core drafts submitted to AD on Monday Nov 12.

Regarding IESG review,  several more DISCUSS were cleared.  Barry will
follow up with the rest.

The chair asked if there were any other businesses, and there were
none.  Meeting adjourned.

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 09:29:24 -0500

> draft (http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-eai-5738bis/).

That link always shows the most current version at the time it's clocked.
 I think it's important to say which version introduced the new text, so,
please, leave the link as it is, but make the text, "that is documented in
the version -11 draft".

Otherwise, all looks good.

Barry

---

From: Joseph Yee <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 09:46:20 -0500

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 9:29 AM, Barry Leiba <[email-masked]> wrote:
> That link always shows the most current version at the time it's clocked.  I
> think it's important to say which version introduced the new text, so,

Thanks Barry.  Revised minutes below.

Joseph

----------

EAI -  IETF 85 Minutes
Nov 9, 2012

Agenda Bashing: none

Minutes:

The chair described the relationship (as discussed in mailing list)
between IMAP servers ("UTF8=ACCEPT" & "UTF8=ONLY") and mail clients
(with & without "ENABLE UTF8=ACCEPT") that documented in version -11
draft (http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-eai-5738bis/).

---

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 09:57:13 -0500

Joseph,

A few minor tweaks inline below...

--On Tuesday, 13 November, 2012 09:46 -0500 Joseph Yee
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> The chair described the relationship (as discussed in mailing
> list) between IMAP servers ("UTF8=ACCEPT" & "UTF8=ONLY") and
> mail clients (with & without "ENABLE UTF8=ACCEPT") that
> documented in version -11 draft
> (http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-eai-5738bis/).

s/version -11 draft/version -11 draft of/

> The chair asks participants for comments and objections, and
> no body objects from both meeting room and chat room.  Since

s/no body/no one/  or /nobody/
s/from both/from either/

> this was raised in mailing list prior meeting, there is no
> need to bring it (as new issue) back to WG mailing list.

Add: The Chair announced that a brief period would be allowed
for showstopper comments from the mailing list (until 2359 UT on
Monday 12 Nov).
 
> Alexey has some minor editorial suggestions for IMAP draft,
> and will try to bring it to WG as soon as possible.  This

s/to WG/to other authors and WG Chairs/

Note (not for minutes):
	If these are really small editorial suggestions, they do
	not need WG approval.  We will circulate them to the WG
	list, but will not wait for approval.

> would not block the 4 core drafts submitted to AD on Monday
> Nov 12.
> 
> Regarding IESG review,  several more DISCUSS were cleared.
> Barry will follow up with the rest.
> 
> The chair asked if there were any other businesses, and there

s/were any other businesses/was any other business/

> were none.  Meeting adjourned.

best,
   john

---

From: Joseph Yee <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 23:35:33 -0500

> > were none.  Meeting adjourned.
Thanks John.

Revised minutes below.

Joseph

----------

EAI -  IETF 85 Minutes
Nov 9, 2012

Agenda Bashing: none

Minutes:

The chair described the relationship (as discussed in mailing list)
between IMAP servers ("UTF8=ACCEPT" & "UTF8=ONLY") and mail clients
(with & without "ENABLE UTF8=ACCEPT") that documented in version -11
draft of (http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-eai-5738bis/).

The chair asks participants for comments and objections, and nobody
objects from either meeting room and chat room.  Since this was raised
in mailing list prior meeting, there is no need to bring it (as new
issue) back to WG mailing list.

The Chair announced that a brief period would be allowed
for showstopper comments from the mailing list (until 2359 UT on
Monday 12 Nov).

Alexey has some minor editorial suggestions for IMAP draft, and will
try to bring it to other authors and WG Chairs as soon as possible.  This
would not block the 4
core drafts submitted to AD on Monday Nov 12.

The chair asked if there was any other business, and there were
none.  Meeting adjourned.