Subject: [Int-dir] Welcome to the Internet Area Directorate

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 13:51:12 -0400

Hi all,
     As you are receiving this note via the mailing list, it should be
obvious that you are now an official member of the Internet Area
Directorate.  Thank you for agreeing to help!

     The primary goals, from my perspective, for forming this
directorate are:

1. Help the Internet ADs with document reviews as needed.  Unlike other
directorates like GenArt and Sec-Dir, this directorate will no review
every document put forth for publication.  Rather, it will be on-demand
when one of the INT ADs has a need for additional reviews.

2. Expose directorate members to the tasks taken on by ADs.  If you look
at the history of many ADs, most of them were involved in a (or several)
directorates.  That exposure provides a view as to what it takes to be
an AD.

3. Mentor newer IETF participants.  At this point, the directorate is
small (2 coordinators, 18 members).  What I would like to see is current
directorate members helping to identify newer IETF participants who have
the potential to be useful, contributing members to the directorate so
that they get exposure/tutoring from more experienced IETF participants.
 The goal is to grow the directorate without losing technical expertise.

4. Identify INT-related work in other areas.  Given the breadth within
the INT area, it is impossible for two ADs to keep track of all
INT-related work going on in other areas.  I would ask that each of you
to let the ADs and the rest of the directorate know when work pops up in
other areas that may adversely impact INT or would benefit from INT area
input.

     This mailing list is a closed list (directorate members only).
Feel free to use it to discuss INT-related issues, directorate
operations, or other topics you think might benefit from others' input.

Regards,
Brian