Subject: [Int-dir] Request for fragmentation help

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 11:50:18 -0400

All,
     We have a document that tries to develop a mechanism for
fragmenting IKEv2 messages at the application layer.  There have been a
number of concerns raised and the shepherding AD is looking for help.
Is there anyone interested in helping the author/WG tighten up this
document from the fragmentation aspect?

     The document is draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-fragmentation.  Any
volunteers?

Regards,
Brian

---

From: 神明達哉 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 09:06:00 -0700

At Thu, 24 Apr 2014 11:50:18 -0400,

>      The document is draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-fragmentation.  Any

Depending on the details of the issue I may be of help (but I'm not
familiar with IKE(v2) itself, so if such background is needed, I'm
probably not the best person to volunteer).

--
JINMEI, Tatuya

---

From: 神明達哉 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 09:39:49 -0700

> probably not the best person to volunteer).

Okay, based on an offlist response from Brian I took a quick look at
the ballot discussion:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-fragmentation/ballot/

Actually this seems to be something different on which I can be of
much help.  I guess someone (if any) familiar with topics like RFC4821
is a better person to help.

--
JINMEI, Tatuya

---

From: 神明達哉 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 10:56:47 -0700

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 9:39 AM <[email-masked]> wrote:

> much help.

Oops, this sentence didn't make sense.  In short and to be blunt, I intended to
say "I don't think I can help (very much)".

Thanks Bernie:-)

--
JINMEI, Tatuya