Subject: [Int-dir] Int-Dir - Review of draft-ietf-softwire-dslite-mib-11

From: Hui Deng <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 15:52:34 +0800

Hi,

I am an assigned INT directorate reviewer for
draft-ietf-softwire-dslite-mib-11. These comments were written primarily
for the benefit of the Internet Area Directors.

Document editors and shepherd(s) should treat these comments just like they
would treat comments from any other IETF contributors and resolve them
along with any other

Last Call comments that have been received. For more details on the INT
Directorate, see http://www.ietf.org/iesg/directorate/intarea.html.

This document defines MIB objects to manage DS-Lite solutions, and targets
the Standards Track.

Please find some minor review comments:

1) As the coordination with the NATv2-MIB (the draft has not published),
the MIB checker reports several errors in this DS-Lite MIB.

2) In section 6.1.1,  “Because some objects defined in the IP Tunnel MIB
are not read-write and read-only, a few new objects are defined in DS- Lite
MIB.” What is the “read-write” and “read-only”? If it is a special meaning
words in MIB, it need a quotation mark here.

3) In page 8,
“dsliteTunnelAddressType OBJECT-TYPE
SYNTAX InetAddressType
MAX-ACCESS not-accessible
STATUS current
DESCRIPTION
" This object MUST be set to the value of ipv6(2).
It describes the address type of the IPv4-in-IPv6
tunnel initiator and endpoint."
::= { dsliteTunnelEntry 1 }”

There’s no scenario requiring ipv6z(4)?  It needs a REFERENCE to RFC 4001
in this object definition.

4) In page 10, DsliteNATBindEntry: I think
dsliteNATBindMappingExtAddressType and dsliteNATBindMappingIntAddressType
should just be dsliteNATBindMappingAddressType and apply to both. If all
address objects in the row are of the same type, you only need one type
object.

5) In page 11, it needs a REFERENCE to RFC 4001 in the definition of
dsliteNATBindMappingExtPort.

6) In page 12, it need some description to describe “endpointIndependent,
addressDependent, addressAndPortDependent” in more detail in the
DESCRIPTION of dsliteNATBindMappingMapBehavior.
 The same comments to the “arbitrary, paired” in
dsliteMATBindMappingAddressPooling. A REFERENCE is also needed.

7) In page 14, it needs to define a DEFVAL value for
dsliteAFTRAlarmConnectionNumber.

8) Whether dsliteStatisticSubscriberIdex is enough or direct to get
subscribers' information?

9) I am not very sure what is dsliteStatisticIpv6Session mean? As for IPv6
traffic, there seems no mapping.

10)Whether there has requirement to support multiple instances in DS-Lite?

Best regards,

DENG Hui