Subject: [Int-dir] INT DIR review of draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-12.txt

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 04:01:26 +0000

I am an assigned INT directorate reviewer for 
<draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-12.txt>. These comments were written primarily for 
the benefit of the Internet Area Directors. Document editors and shepherd(s) 
should treat these comments just like they would treat comments from any 
other IETF contributors and resolve them along with any other Last Call 
comments that have been received. For more details on the INT Directorate, 
see http://www.ietf.org/iesg/directorate.html.

Summary: The draft is almost ready for publication but I have two comments 
that you may want to address.

Major
=====

* Intended Status:

This looks more like a recommended set of network configuration parameters 
than a new protocol definition. Has the wg considered whether the Proposed 
Standard status is appropriate (as opposed to Info or BCP)?

* Section 10.1.1

I have a question about the Sp computation. Looks like the Sp value needs to 
be between 1 and 9. In my view, the recommended method (3*ETX)-2 yields 
values between 1 and 10. This needs to be fixed.

This is how I see it.

On a very high quality link, if there are no retransmissions required ETX 
will be 1/1 => 1. Sp will be (3*1)-2 => 1

On a very poor quality link where the packet only gets through after the full 
3 retries ETX will be 4/1 => 4. Sp will be (3*4)-2 => 10.

Is my calculation correct?

Editorial
=========

Section 3.2

s/maintin/maintain/

Section 3.3

s/if none is/if none are/

Thanks
Suresh