Subject: [Int-dir] Review of draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-protocol-03

From: Carlos Bernardos <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 23:55:14 -0800

Reviewer: Carlos Bernardos
Review result: Ready

I am an assigned INT directorate reviewer for
draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-protocol-03. These comments were
written primarily for the benefit of the Internet Area Directors.
Document editors and shepherd(s) should treat these comments just like
they would treat comments from any other IETF contributors and resolve
them along with any other Last Call comments that have been received.
For more details on the INT Directorate, see
http://www.ietf.org/iesg/directorate.html.

I'm not an expert in DHCPv6, so please consider this review as a light
one. Keeping this in mind, please find my review below.

Overall, I have not found any issue. I think the document is quite
complete and deep. Actually, my main overall comment is that it is
sometimes a bit hard to follow, due to its length and level of
complexity. Since a protocol specification has to be precise, my only
recommendation to address this would be to consider adding some
figures in Section 4, for the reader to get a first overall idea.

Question: is there any implementation available, so some experience
gained from it can be reported (maybe as an annex)?