Subject: [Int-dir] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-regext-data-escrow-07: (with COMMENT)

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2020 02:29:58 -0700

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-regext-data-escrow-07: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-data-escrow/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the work put into this document. I have appreciated the examples
of section 13.

I am also support the "data at rest encryption" as noted by Roman's DISCUSS as
by Carlos in his INTDIR review.

Please address the issues found by Carlos during the INTDIR review:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/int-dir/8BJEPavSHK0BYTe_f1W1BFG-fwA

Finally, for my own curiosity, is there a reason why using the word "watermark"
rather than "timestamp" ?

Regards,

-éric