Subject: [Internetgovtech] IANA Stewardship Transition Coordination Group Issues Request for Transition Proposals and Suggested Transition Process Timeline

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 11:20:17 -0400

FYI — ICG has published a finalized RFP request transition proposals from
the operational communities. Clarification questions can be submitted
until September 24, 2014. Final proposals should be sent to
[email-masked] by January 15, 2014.

The ICG has also published an overall timeline for the transition, which
is open for public comment until October 6, 2014.

>--------------------------------------------------------------------------
>------------------------
>
>https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-09-09-en
>
>The IANA Stewardship Transition Coordination Group (ICG) is pleased to
>announce the release of a Request for Proposals (RFP), for communities
>interested in and/or affected by the transition of IANAstewardship from
>the United States NTIA to the global multistakeholder Internet community.
>
>The RFP is available on the ICG website at:
>
>http://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/rfp-iana-stewardship-08sep14-en
>.pdf [PDF, 84 KB]
>
>Should any community submitting a proposal require clarifications to the
>RFP, these should be submitted to the ICG on or before Wednesday, 24
>September 2014. Submissions should be sent by email to
>[email-masked]
><mailto:[email-masked]> before this date, and
>responses will be provided by the ICG by 20 October 2014. Clarification
>questions will be posted to the public ICG mailing list.
>
>We expect communities to be able to begin work immediately on their
>proposals, in light of the aggressive timetable for this work.
>
>The communities should submit their proposals to the ICG before or on 15
>January 2015. Proposals should be conveyed to the ICG via email to
>[email-masked].
>
>The ICG has also released a suggested timeline for the transition process:
>
>http://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/icg-process-timeline-08sep14-en
>.pdf [PDF, 60 KB]
>
>While this timeline is aggressive, every attempt has been made to be
>flexible and allow all communities to participate effectively. The ICG is
>therefore providing this timeline for review and comment. Please provide
>comments by email to [email-masked] by 6 October 2014. They will be
>publicly archived athttp://forum.icann.org/lists/icg-forum.