Subject: [Internetgovtech] Battlemesh travel scholarships available

From: Mitar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 15:48:05 -0700

Hi!

(Please spread the word to those you think might be interested in the
scholarship.)

We are opening a call for sponsored travel to attend Battlemesh for
anyone living outside Europe and would like to invite you to send your
application! Battlemesh is the annual conference/gathering/hack event on
community wireless networks and routing protocols will be between
3rd-9th August in Maribor, Slovenia. As Battlemesh is in the week before
the Chaos Communication Camp in Germany, this is an excellent
opportunity to be able to travel to both.

https://wlan-si.net/en/blog/2015/06/22/battlemesh-travel-scholarships-available/

Event is free to attend and we still have organized accommodation
available at low cost.

Requirements
------------

Travel scholarships are open to people not living in Europe. To apply,
we would like to ask you to send a short video (not longer than two
minutes) to describe your situation:

- Where are you from?
- Why would you like to attend Battlemesh?
- What impact in your local environment do you expect from your
participation?
- Would you be able to attend without the travel scholarship?
- Will you continue to the Chaos Communication Camp? (Note that it is
not a problem if you also plan to go to the CC camp.)

Shoot a short video and upload it to one of the video sharing websites
and send us a link. Note that if it is private, we need a direct link
and/or password for it as well.

Contact
-------

E-mail your video to the local Battlemesh team at
<[email-masked]>.

Deadline
--------

The deadline for applications is the 3rd of July. Decisions will be made
before 6th July.

What is Battlemesh?
-------------------

The Wireless Battle of the Mesh is an event that aims at bringing
together people from across Europe and beyond to test the performance of
different routing protocols for mesh networks, like Babel, B.A.T.M.A.N.,
BMX, IEEE 802.11s, OLSR. It is a tournament with a social character. If
you are a mesh networking enthusiast, community networking activist, or
have an interest in mesh networks and related technologies, come and attend.

The traditional goal of the event is to set-up hands-on testbed for each
available mesh routing protocol with a standard test procedure for the
different mesh networks. During the event, similar hardware and software
configuration will be used based on the OpenWrt and packages for each
protocol implementation. The event is also a great opportunity to
develop testing tools for PHY/MAC radio layers (drivers, scripts and PHY
analyzers). Alongside the testing of routing protocols, a number of
talks, workshops, and hackathons will be held on various mesh-related
topics, all from technology to community and social aspects of mesh
networks.

This years Battlemesh will take place from 3rd to 9th August 2015 in
Maribor, Slovenia.

Mitar

-- 
http://mitar.tnode.com/
https://twitter.com/mitar_m