Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-fair-ipdvb-req-05.txt

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 17:42:38 +0100

The following draft -05 isnow available in the ID archives.

(This **is** the same as previously announced on this list - with the 
corrected version number, which should have have been -05).

Gorrb

----

New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

         Title           : Requirements for transmission of IP datagrams
                           over MPEG-2 networks
         Author(s)       : G. Fairhurst, et al.
         Filename        : draft-fair-ipdvb-req-05.txt
         Pages           : 38
         Date            : 2004-6-8

This document describes a new framework for the transport of IP
Datagrams over ISO MPEG-2 Transport Streams (TS). The MPEG-2 TS has
been widely accepted not only for providing digital TV services, but
also as a subnetwork technology for building IP networks. Examples
of systems using MPEG-2 include the Digital Video Broadcast (DVB)
and Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) Standards for
Digital Television.

The document identifies the need for a set of Internet standards
defining the interface between the MPEG-2 Transport Stream and an IP
subnetwork. It suggests a new encapsulation method for IP datagrams,
and proposes protocols to perform IPv6/IPv4 address resolution, to
associate IP packets with the properties of the Logical Channels
provided by an MPEG-2 TS.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fair-ipdvb-req-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
i-d-announce-request at ietf.org with the word unsubscribe in the body 
of the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
         "get draft-fair-ipdvb-req-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
         mailserv at ietf.org.
In the body type:
         "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-fair-ipdvb-req-05.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
         MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
         feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
         command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
         a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail 
readers
         exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
         "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
         up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
         how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fair-ipdvb-req-05.txt>
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
I-D-Announce at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce