Subject: Call for the ipdvb WG to adopt: draft-fair-ipdvb-req-05.txt

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 11:35:15 +0100

As WG chair, I request the ipdvb list to consider whether this
WG is willing to adopt the following individual Internet Draft
(ID) as a WG ID.

By adopting an individual ID as a working group ID, this WG
indicates that it intends to be develop this into an RFC,
according to the WG charter. WG documents should no longer
be regarded as the property of the individuals who originally
authored them - the working group as a whole must decide how
they are shaped, and to see the document to a successful
conclusion.

If adopted, the Internet Draft will be renamed to start
with the filename draft-ietf-ipdvb..., and will be listed
on the IETF web page for this WG. For this document an Editor
will be appointed to author new text and assist in this process.

---

A Framework for transmission of IP datagrams over MPEG-2 networks
Document: draft-fair-ipdvb-req-05.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fair-ipdvb-req-05.txt

---

This is being proposed as Charter item No.1.
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/ipdvb-charter.html

You are actively encouraged to send email to this WG,
to help make the decision for adoption.
Possible recommendations are:

      1) Support for adoption as a working group draft under our Charter
      i.e. Recommend this Internet Draft to be used as the basis for
      developing an RFC by the ipdvb WG.

      2) Request for non-adoption
      i.e. That there is alternative approaches to
      the problem, and that the current draft is not sufficiently
      developed / or correctly designed ipdvb WG

      3) Out of scope
      i.e. you believe the document to be beyond the scope of the
      approved ipdvb WG charter.

Emails on this topic should be sent to the ipdvb mailing list
BEFORE 17th June 2004.

Gorry Fairhurst
(ipdvb WG Chair)

---

From: "Frank Zwinkau" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 13:03:38 +0200

unsubscribe

Please remove me from this list.

---

From: "Marie-Jose Montpetit" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 07:25:55 -0400

I approve. I think we need established requiments to guide the WG.

Marie-Jose

---

From: "William StanisLaus" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 13:46:35 +0530

Count me to support this I-D in WG :)

Regards,
-William.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Gorry Fairhurst
> Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 4:05 PM
> To: [email-masked]