Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-collini-ipdvb-xule-00.txt

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 09:03:28 +0100

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

        Title           : Ultra Lightweight Encapsulation (ULE) Extension
Header
        Author(s)       : G. Fairhurst, et al.
        Filename        : draft-collini-ipdvb-xule-00.txt
        Pages           : 14
        Date            : 2004-6-1
        
This document proposes an extension format for the Ultra-Lightweight
Encapsulation (ULE) protocol.  The proposed method allows ULE to
carry both optional (with an explicit extension length) and
mandatory (with an implicit extension length) header information to
assist in network/Receiver processing of a SNDU.
                
These functions modify the behaviour of ULE, and introduce header
processing operations that will simplify the addition of new headers.
                   
This Internet Draft is presented as a separate document to allow
ipdvb working group discussion of the design trade-offs involved. If
accepted, the techniques will be incorporated within a future
revision of ULE.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-collini-ipdvb-xule-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
i-d-announce-request at ietf.org with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-collini-ipdvb-xule-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        mailserv at ietf.org.
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-collini-ipdvb-xule-00.txt".
        
NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-collini-ipdvb-xule-00.txt>
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
I-D-Announce at ietf.org
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce