Subject: Bringing the ARCH draft to WG Last Call

From: "Marie-Jose Montpetit" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 06:51:12 -0400

There are a few remainning outstanding issues before the ARCH draft can be
brought to WGLC. These were briefly discussed at the IETF but need a wider
discussion on the list.
1. Should there be some requirements to allow end to end management of IP
flows
this would enable enable operators to better configure, verify and
distribute policies regarding specific flows; there is heritage there from
the cable industry
2. Should address resolution be used to map specific addresses to PIDs with
special features
This would allow to combine AR with resource management, load balancing and
QoS
3. Should extension headers carry information about the cell content over
the MPEG-2 section of the network
There are multiple uses of that including flow management.

In addition we will add a protocol stack to the draft to show where ULE is.

Since we would like to finalise this shortly I would appreciate comments on
these issues and closure before 6/25.

Thanks

Marie-Jose Montpetit