Subject: Final Presentation 20 Sep 2004 on ESA/IABG IPv6 over Satellite project (or: ULE in Uzbekistan...)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 15:07:26 +0200

Dear ip-dvb list members,

We would like to draw you attention to a final presentation of a project from
the European Space Agency,  carried out by IABG (Germany), that investigated
and demonstrated the specific aspects of IPv6 in satellite communications.

The presentation will take place on Monday 20 September 2004, 13:00h-18:00h
in ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands.

The project has also implemented a pilot IPv6 satellite network, using
equipment from previous ESA projects implementing ULE over MPEG-2/DVB-S and
building on top of the existing Virtual Silk Highway IPv4 satellite network
in support of Caucasian and Central Asian research networks. IABG and the
Silk project will report on the first experiences gained during integration
and commissioning of IPv6 in this satellite network. A live demonstration of
the IPv6 network is foreseen during the presentation.

In addition to above presentations, a number of speakers from industry and
academia will report on new products and specific developments related to the
use of IPv6 in satellite communications.

Background information can be found on:
  http://telecom.esa.int/telecom/www/object/index.cfm?fobjectid=11405
  http://telecom.esa.int/telecom/www/object/index.cfm?fobjectid=11406
  http://www.silkproject.org/project.htm

This project was funded by the Telecommunications Department of the European
Space Agency and the presentation will be open to all. Registration is
required to gain access to the ESTEC premises.

Please find attached the full invitation with details and a draft agenda.  We
look forward to meet you in ESTEC.

Best regards,

Frank Zeppenfeldt

[email-masked]
Tel +31 (0)71 5654376
Fax +31 (0)71 5654093
http://telecom.esa.int/
D-APP/TSM
ESA/ESTEC (European Space & Technology Centre)
Keplerlaan 1
Postbus 299
2200 AG Noordwijk (The Netherlands)

(See attached file: Invitation Final Presentation IPv6 IABG - 20 Sep 2004
external final.pdf)