Subject: Status of ULE IMPLEMENTATIONS - July 2004

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 09:58:46 -0700

> Mark Dale:
>
> We appreciate your efforts to promote the ULE standards.  We are currently
> using the ULE standard, in conjunction with the emerging DVB-S2 standard in
> broadband satellite communications applications.  The information you
> requested is:

> Name of implementor:  Efficient Channel Coding
> Target platforms/OS:  P.C. based server / Linux
> Air interface:  DVB-S2
> Implementation type:  Commercial
> Status:  Prototype complete, pilot systems operational
> URL:  www.eccincorp.com

> Please include us in the distribution of the final list of users and
> applications.

Thanks Mark - I'll add you to the list of implementors, and we'll build a
web page on this after the IETF.

1) When you say DVB-S2, do you mean DVB-S2 with MPEG-2 TS or with the
Generic Stream? 

2) What receivers have you tested with?

By the way, Thales (Opal) also sent some info and have included a couple of
slides for the IETF session on Thursday - if you think there is a need to
have 1-2 slides saying what you plan to do, and providing some feedback on
the implementability of UlE and what is missing, you can send that to me
(but you shouldn't feel you need to).

Best wishes,

Gorry